Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across a Remington 600 chambered in 222. Can anyone tell me the value? It is

·
Registered
225 Posts
Chris,
If rifle is in 80 percent $365.00 if 95 percent $440.00 plus the scope. They were mfg. 1964 to 1968 there were only 315 223's made don't know how many 222. I had a 222 rem Mohawk. I have kicked myself many times for giving it away.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Had one in .243 Should have never sold it, but back in the 60's, not a lot of spare cash laying around. The real thumper is the one in .350 Rem Mag with the laminated stock. Can't imagine the recoil from that.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
The .350 Rem Mag killed at both ends. The muzzle blast and flash was amazing, and whenever anyone showed up at the range with one of 'em, they always drew a crowd.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Over 30 + years ago I purchased a new Ruger in 7 mm Mag. It kicked so hard it literally brought tears to my eyes. I had to use my soft gun case as a recoil pad. Luckily a friend wanted it and traded me a nice Winchester 30-06 for the 7 Mag.
Needless to say I was more than happy to let it go. I assured my friend he came out on the winning end of this trade. After all what are friends for.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I had one in 6mm,6.5 mag.and the 350 mag.I loaded that with 150 gr.bullets and it shot great. All 3 guns had no problem shooting under 1in. At 100 yes. I forgot I also had a 308 call. A friend of mine had them all including the 223 call

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I have a pair of 660's which superceeded the 600. Mine are chambered .308 and .243. Both are mounted with variable 1X4 scopes. I bought both new in the late 60's. Both have only been fired to initially site in the scopes. Very short and light weight, easy to carry. I would also be interested in the value of my guns if anyone would like to comment.

Thanks,Marc

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I have one of the Montana Centennial 600's in 6 MM Rem. It was my Dad's and it is not for sale. It will go to my Son.

·
Registered
107 Posts
600 in a triple duce seen a couple real nice ones in the 500 to 600 range they really hold there value, a good friend ended up with one does not appear to have been fired I have always wanted one just have not been able to find one in my price range I would pay 365 all day long for one have never seen one that cheap

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
I have one in 6MM Rem. Great little gun! I had a Douglas air gauged premium 24-1/2 inch barrel put on mine. Shoots dime size groups at 100 with most any ammo, reloads group even better!!

HAP

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I had a 222 6mm and 350 these guns had a recall for trigger problems back in 79 remington was very quiet about it due to law suites.I still have the 6mm going soon dont want my family to have it,too short with trigger problems. If they have been thru the recall it will be marked at the serial number.

i

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I had forgotten about that Gene, but sent mine back about that time. As I remember, pushing the safety to "off" could cause the gun to discharge. It came back fixed, but there were no marks or anything to indicate that the work had been performed. Later, sometime in the 2000's there was a big dust up with Mod 700's and denials, even videos, from Remington claiming it could not happen. Isn't that the same action/trigger?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Drifting,
Gotta agree with the ruger.
Had one in 338 Win Mag.
After 50 rounds at the range, could hardly lift my arm. No bruises, at least on the surface :)
Had a 25-06 ruger that would punch pretty good too. Have a Browning A-Bolt 25-06 now and it's an easy shooting rifle.
Also have a 30-338, 1908 Brazilian 98 Mauser (4x12 older Redfield scope) with 26 in Douglas barrel with Bishop stock.
Great shooter, very little kick. 1/2 inch groups with anything from 180 -220 gr.
350 mag sound very interesting. Always wanted one of those. And 358 win.
George

·
Registered
934 Posts
You need to careful buying .222 Rem rifles of this vintage, as many of them have been re-chambered to .223 Rem, often without any changes to barrel markings.

Michael

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
The recall on the Rem 600 was to prevent from having to take the safety off to unload the round in the chamber. The updated assys have a triangular stamp on the trigger housing. The update allows you to unload the rifle without taking the safety off!

BB, never heard of that happening but anything metal can and will fail at some point but never read that in the recall notice?

HAP

1 - 20 of 26 Posts