Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of where one of these could be located? The guns were a special run of 500 done by Lew Horton in the 90's with curly maple stocks as opposed to Walnut.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I don't know about a lew Horton special, But I have one like this.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Jim45/Gun%20stuff/?action=view&current=My541S001.jpg" target="_blank">
My541S001.jpg
</a>

Nope, it's not for sale.

Jim

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jim,

That is a Lew Horton. If its not for sale, does that mean you are giving it away?

Beautiful gun and I have heard the complaints about the 547 mags. I hear a 77 mag will work pretty good in them.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Nope, It's a keeper It'll shoot sub MOA all day with several different kinds of ammo. Haven't had any mag problems. You would need a good pickup to haul all the squirrels I've taken with that gun.

Jim

·
Registered
178 Posts
My father has one but its a 541S custom I think. It is a great shooter. Hope it will be mine someday. Its fun to shoot. Tim

·
Registered
67 Posts
That is one sweet stock! I remember Remington having a maple stock on some 700's back around the 90's or so. The only catch was the checkering was REAL dark and looked rather funky against the light maple.

Keep an eye out on gunbroker for one. It's your best bet.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
In regards to the 541 curly maple stock Lew Horton had around only 250 rifles made. I would also like to have one. I do have a 541T that has been test fired only and so far have been impressed. There are also Remington 552 and 572 rifles produced with curly maple stocks I believe in 2004. I think the run on them were 500 rifles but not sure. A 552 curly maple NIB just sold on Gun Broker for around $650.00.

·
Registered
108 Posts
In case anyone's interested after having seen this, I have a 541T with walnut stock,sporter weight that I'm willing to sell. TACKDRIVER !! Less than 200 rounds shot. Tom B

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have a 541S so sweet, made a few good shots my self. my mag is flimsy and if it breaks, I'll have a single shot that is not that easy to load. Thinking we are gradually getting further away from the manufacture date and magazines hard to come by. The tread from kenf says: I have heard the complaints about the 547 mags. I hear a 77 mag will work pretty good in them.
Could you fill the blanks, what and where is a 77mag??
[email protected]
thanks
Larry

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Larry,

Many of the guys still shooting the 541 rifles are using mags from the Remington Nylon 77 that they are buying from Midway. I'll see if I can E-mail you the conversations.
Ken

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.