Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Remington did make some 20 ga. barrels other than skeet. I did own a multiple barrel set that had an mod/imp cyl set of barrels in 20 gauge. It was never part of a 4 gauge set. came out of the custom shop.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I have never seen a 3200 receiver other than the 12 gauge. I have seen three 3200's with original Remington 20 gauge barrels that were not originally part of a four barrel skeet set, and all were on 12 gauge receivers, and numbered to the receiver they were on.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The 3200 was never available as a 20ga gun, could be had as a four barrel set. or special order barrels but not made in 20ga as a production gun, I'm the guy who has Old Remington Fan's barrel set. Hey Bob, How's things? Love this gun, have only shot the 20ga so far and it is Sweet!! use 3/4 oz loads.

kevin

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yes, the Competition "Four Part Harmony" factory four barrel set included the 20ga. I love shooting the 410 barrels on mine.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Kevin:

Glad you like the gun, and glad to see it go to a good home. You do have the one that has enough paperwork still with it to know it was not part of a Competition four barrel skeet set but has original Remington barrels. I think you are right as I have not been able to find any information that indicates any production 20 ga guns, other than the skeet sets, were produced outside the Remington Custom Shop. It would be quite interesting to me to know how many guns with 20ga. barrels came out of the custom Shop.

I am fine, still chasing information and/or pictures on the 3200's. I would like to hear from anyone that has a Remington 3200 One of Fifty Premier. That is the one with a single gold duck inlayed on each side of the receiver. PM me if you have or know of one that's owner may be willing to share information.

·
Registered
911 Posts
A friend has a D Grade 2 bbl set 12 and 20 ; one of the last parts guns from the custom shop

The 20 ga BBl's taper down at the forend

regards

·
Registered
266 Posts
Bruce:
you say your friend has a D grade 3200? I have a D grade 1100 wasn't aware of D grade 3200. Can you describe it? does it have engraving, nice wood? overall does it look different than normal 3200's?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.