Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Offering a 3200 with 30 inch barrels marked full and full. The bottom barrel has been opened to modified .021 choke. The length of pull is about 14 1/4 to 14 1/2 depending on were you measure in the curved pad. The forearm is cracked and repaired. It as been epoxied with copper wire embedded. Priced at $995.00 delivered to FFL lower 48. Updates are done Reduced to $950.00

twcpdc_2010_230254.jpg

twcpdc_2010_230255.jpg

twcpdc_2010_230256.jpg

twcpdc_2010_230257.jpg

twcpdc_2010_230258.jpg

twcpdc_2010_2302134.jpg

twcpdc_2010_2302135.jpg

·
Registered
344 Posts
Who did the updates????????? The photo of the reciver shows that this gun has a single pin at the back end of the receiver, that says that the updates were done as part of manufacturing when it was being built. The update did away with the need for the lower pin. Gary S.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the information I was looking a the . in serial number. My understanding that was the indication of update. Tom

·
Registered
817 Posts
There is a dot in the serial number. It is between the OU and the 2

Some had the dot in the middle, and some had the dot level with the bottom of the numbers.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yes Remington did put a dot between the OU and SN when they did the updates on guns that were returned to the factory to be updated. Not sure if it was put there on guns that were built with the updates.

But do not just go by looking for that dot. There are some owners, and I have heard of dealers, that have put the dot on the gun, without updating.

When looking at a 3200, always look at the bottom of the breach face, for the two allen head screws. If the reciever has two pins at the rear of the reciever, that is the way to be sure that the gun has been updated. Gary S.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Gary:

I believe you have the wrong information posted. The early receivers had two pins at the back. The lower one held the trigger group in the gun. When they updated the action they added a strut between the lower and upper tang inside the receiver, but also added the allen head screws in the lower breech face and they were threaded into the tang to hold the tang in the receiver. The the lower pin in the two pin receivers was cut off and only the ends were left in the receiver to fill the holes on some of the updated guns. the newer receivers manufactured with the updates did not have the lower pin since it was no longer needed to hold the lower tang in place.

Remington actually replaced some of the older receivers with new updated receivers, then serial numbered the new receiver with the original older serial number. I guess this was to avoid another FFL transaction when the gun was returned to the original owner after being updated at the factory.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
The guns with the updated receiver from the date of manufacture have the same "dot" as the ones that were updated later. The important part is to look for the allen head bolts in the lower corners of the inside of the receiver.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts