Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys... will try to keep short.

I ve got 3000 of these wads in perfect shape that an older gentlemen had. They re still flexible and reloadable.

The catch: these wads were designed for Rem All American hulls and I only got my hands on 200 of those. The internal height is right at .225" taller than a current STS or GC hull; thus the wads are very short. About like an RP12 with a small shot cup. These wads hold 1 oz of shot in the shotcup and 1 1/8 oz will stack about 1-2 rows on top of cup.

Ideas on how a guy could utilize these short of finding a stash of All American hulls? Are there current production hulls out there with a much higher base in them that could be obtained??

Hate to see these wads go to waste.
Thx

Old guy also had a bunch of Activ hulls that are in good condition. I won't mess with those but if anyone wants them you pay the freight and they re all yours!!

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
I'm terrible at math but, you could maybe load the All 'merican hulls 15 times before you run outta wads ??? :1augen71:

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
The All American hulls are not very good hulls. The base wads are a separate composite and will come out.
The RXP one piece hull took their place, but takes a different wad.

You could try and find a game shooter and trade for wads you can use. The wads you have will handle a fast load of 1-1/4.
They take up the same internal height as the Winchester Red. Game shooter around my area are always looking for them.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I feel your pain.
I have a few All Am. hulls.
I also have some of the old short RP wads for the All American hulls and some short PC wads and Pacific Versalite wads for these hulls. I guess someone could use them by roll crimping shortend hulls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts