Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
I would think the older Lyman catalogs would have loads for those wads. But as others have said, the matching components might not be available today. I got stuck with a bunch of the old R12L wads a few years back and found I could load 1 ounce loads with them in Federal hulls. More hassle than it was worth, but those wads cost me more than the ones I wanted and couldn't get.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
All American was replaced by RXP in about 72'.

Those Remington wads will also work on paper Super Target and Xpert paper hulls to.

Don't discount their effectiveness in a hunting load containing additional shot. Several of the better Annie shooters I've known used the AA12R which is not that much different with 1.25iz and 1 3)8oz loads.
I used the 12 r was for1 3/8 loads for duck hunting and with an 1 1/4 for games. They're excellent wads. Remington sp 12 is another good one.

·
Registered
133 Posts
pheasantmaster, thanks for the add l detail. Your dates seem to fit right in with general research I ve done trying to find a solution.

Any idea where a guy could get the paper Super Target or Expert paper hulls in good condition to utilize these wads with? Are those paper hulls still being produced?

Thx
I have about 3,000 Paper Gold Metal Once fired I might sale, But the shipping might bee to expensive. I'm in Southern Arizona, Sierra Vista. 85635

21 - 24 of 24 Posts