Discussion Starter #1
Does Remington still manufacture 209 primers? Unable to locate. If available,
what is the cost for a sleeve of 5,000.

Thanks for Sharing,

Gunnerx11

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
Farm&Home here sells them for $5.99 per 100 (I'd guess for the muzzle loaders).

WWs have finally crept up to $33.99 per 1000.

Needless to say the Remingtons have some dust on them.

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I used R209's by default for 15 years. They were the first reloading component to go completely missing maybe 5-6 years go. They were gone so long I had no choice but to try others....and found out there's nothing at all special about R209's, except they always seat without difficulty in the Remington promo hulls.

I was so thoroughly PO'ed that I vowed not to buy them if/when they ever became available again. Now I see them from time to time but they aren't worth a penny more than a Win, Fed or CCI....much less the $15-20 more per thousand they're priced at.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
My local gun shop has them but as Mike mentioned, they're significantly more costly than other good domestic primers. I'm glad I bought several sleeves of them before their price escalated and still have about 6,000 left. From what I have been able to learn, the standard CCI 209 is the closest thing to the Remington 209P. They are readily available here and are much less expensive, so I guess that's what I'll buy when the time comes.

Ed

·
Registered
61 Posts
Recob's: $73.20 price difference between Remington r209 and Winchester w209 for a 5000 ct. sleeve.
I quit r209's years ago Zoot

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
I will not let everyone know what a great substitute CCI's are as a replacement for REM's. That'll surely raise the price and reduce availability!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts