Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front bead fell out after about 5000 rounds... Birchwood Casey shell catcher fits and works just fine. Mine gives me higher scores using a Carson EF choke. I use Break Free CLP to clean the mag tube after each session at the range.. Larry

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
I made my own with a 70's vintage 1100 and the Jack West stock. I think that's a better gun for less than half the money.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Got one for my younger son for Christmas. It's been to range twice already and has 150 shells through it. Still needs a little adjustment for the boy but he has done well with it.

Only complaint I've had was the 8 month wait to get it!

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Got a new one for Xmas - shot it for the first time on Saturday. Put 100 rounds through it (4 rounds of trap) and it was flawless. Points well and with the beads stacked it shot exactly where I was looking. Unfortunately for me I am sometimes looking at the bottom of the target instead of the top. 23/22/22/23 was the best I could do. But as a D shooter, I was happy. Still need to tweak the comb and buttpad and get a shell catcher - it dropped every spent hull about 2 feet in front of the mic on my right. It's a keeper.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
The metal shell catcher from our 100 Classic Trap worked fine. I don't think the plastic one will though. Ours threw the hulls a good 4-5 feet, hitting the horn on the next post easily.

Won't be a big deal as we are used to using shell catchers.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've been shooting one for about 6 months now. The only problem I had was trying to get a shell catcher to work properly. After trying several kinds I stayed with the Birchwood Casey. I can remove the wire part for shooting skeet or sporting clays in just a matter of minutes.. I shot it at the pattern board and I know how to adjust my stock for shooting trap, skeet and sporting clays.. It's the best gun for the money!!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
No problems with the one I've had for the past 6 months or so. Very happy with mine. Buy it and don't look back!

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
If you can't wait or find one make your own.
Mine started as a Sportsman 12 that was just sitting in the safe not being used.
I got the stock set with the Bumpbuster, from a f/s ad here and added a Hastings High Rib trap barrel, I already had a 30" G3 barrel to use when shooting skeet or sporting clays.

Mike

·
Registered
5,691 Posts

This is the same gun as above with a custom palm swell and a 28" Hastings barrel.

Can we say the Remington 1100 is the winner of the 2013 Comeback Gun of the Year?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Remington already has 600 more stocks and Auto-Busters on order for the first quarter of 2014. Let's hope that the trend continues!!!!

Ken Rucker…Speedbump Stockworks….Home of the Bump-Buster & Auto-Buster

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had a 1100 syn.a little a year.I had to have the trigger asm.worked on as it would catch and sometimes fail to fire about every 25 rounds or so.The gunsmith showed me where the sear had rough edges and was causing the trigger mech.to not work at times.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I also made my own out of an 11-87 Premier. I bought the gun new 15 years ago and shot it very little. I had it out once and I am very happy with the set up. I'm looking forward to getting back into trap shooting this year with it.

Joe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts