Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 1976 Remington 1100 that i use for clay target shooting. I have not had any issues with it in the past 1.5 years and thousands of rounds i put through it. However yesterday i cleaned it and now every time i pull the trigger i get a click but the hammer doesn't fall. The trigger feels as it should when the hammer is down but when the trigger "breaks" the hammer doesn't fall and it resets. This will happen tens of times before the hammer even falls once. The amount of trigger pulls it gets to drop the hammer keeps increasing every time.

What should i do? Any ideas what the problem could be?

·
Ljutic Nut
3,041 Posts
You might want to try another trigger if you can to find out if it is a trigger problem or something else. If it works with another trigger my guess would be that the gun is not going into battery. If that is what it is then you have a few things to check. BT99 is right the easiest thing to check is the metal gas rings and making sure they are installed correctly. If they are you might want to check the Link #61 and make sure it is OK. If it is try removing the stock and take out the the action spring #3 and then check the action spring follower #4 to see if has groves inside it and if it does replace it. Some of these followers were made out of aluminum and they wear out.

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
For some reason the bolt is not traveling far enough to allow the locking block to be fully engaged.

It goes without saying that if the locking block is not fully engaged the gun should not be able to fire...and it won't!

Without seeing it it's hard to diagnose. However, I would make sure the barrel is fully seated and that the magazine cap is tightened all of the way snug.

Next, because of it's age and high round count check both the locking lug and the locking lug recess for hairline cracks/failure. Look closely and with a magnifying glass.

Steve

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
If the gun doesn't lock up the operating handle will be back almost an inch. I always just give it a slap and it's good.
Sometimes shells that are not fully sized will cause that.
Working the trigger outside of the gun is your next step.

HM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.