Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
I thought so...but wanted insight from others...just in case..I have just check the web and determined 2 rings...piston and piston seal are standard....

thanks

·
Registered
25,281 Posts
By "silicon ring", you mean the rubber o-ring?

That leaves the metal gas rings.

Late model 1100s and 1187s use a so-called "one piece" gas ring. It's actually two gas rings. They are interlocked together. Be sure to reinstall them with the gaps on opposite sides to prevent pressure bleed off. The flat end goes towards the breech, and the stepped end towards the muzzle.

These can be readily replaced with the older two-piece rings. I've never found a need to do so, but some guns run better with the older rings. I suspect the owners were not paying attention to the gap alignment of the new rings in many cases.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I believe the Trap T's all predated the "combined" two metal rings. You are missing a ring or the two seperate rings were replaced with the 1 combined ring. From the description you gave of the 1 ring, I think you are missing 1. You should be able to tell by looking at your other 1100's.

·
Registered
417 Posts
It is possible your gun has a new style gas ring as a replacement. It is hard to find the old two piece style rings so when one breaks you must replace with the new style.
Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.