Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Remington 1100 Competition to shoot 12 gauge skeet, and I got the adjustable comb because standard stocks have too much drop at comb for me. The Remington factory adjustable comb still does not have enough rise for me, so unless someone has a better idea, I am looking for a new/as new trap stock, Monte Carlo, to replace the factory stock. Wood, either an undamaged paint grade stock, or very high grade stock and matching forend. Around 14 1/2 inch lop. Private party or dealer. Cash or trade.

Mark

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I am looking for a Remington Monte Carlo stock for my 870 Wingmaster, if you find what you are looking for, I would be interested in purchasing your stock..Thanks, LarryB

·
Registered
7,711 Posts
Any good stock man can bend the action spring tube up as well as left or right and reinlet the stock. Depends on how far you need to goas there are limitations . Mark Deprez does this. Jeff

·
Registered
519 Posts
bigbore could you please expound your your statement above of bending the tube on an 1100? I am a stock maker, but not yet ready to move into shot gun stocks. I have made many changes to my grandson's 1100 stock and am curious about the bending. How much bend, where to bend, and how to do it?

Mike

·
Registered
7,711 Posts
Mike, The bending of the tube in any direction can be made until it starts to bind the spring assembly, it needs to be bent right where the tube comes out of the receiver as close as possible. Simmons used to offer the srevice on model 12's and others years ago. A call to Mark Deprez at 585-346-2425 and he can tell you the range. Jeff

·
Registered
74 Posts
Send me the posts that hold hold the comb and a $20 bill and I'll send you back two new higher posts machined to the same specs and your original of course. Just let me know how high you'd like to go.
Jimmy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.