Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has an 1100 and while cleaning last weekend I noticed the stock seems a bit loose at the but end of the receiver. This may be a stupid question but how do I tighten that up?

Mike

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Mike, be careful using the big screwdriver......more 1100 stocks have been broken that way than can be counted. If you shoot an 1100, buy a wrench for it from Brownell's. The stock has to be removed every feww thousand rounds to replce the rebound spring anyway; it's something you'll use over and over again and it's not expensive....WAY cheaper than a new stock!!

KenRucker

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Replace the spring every few thousand rounds? Dang ... I'm more than a couple three, four or more rounds overdue for replacing that spring and the gun still shoots as good as the day it was taken out of the box.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Not replacing the spring regularly (every 8,000 to 10,00 rounds or so ) is hard on both your bolt and receiver. It can also cause cycling problems. Do what you want; it's your gun, but a new $15 spring is pretty cheap insurance.

Ken

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Oh ... 8 to 10 thousand rounds is 4 or 5 times more than the just a couple thousand you originaly said, glad you cleared that mis-statement of facts up like that.

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Wrap the blade end of a large screw driver with masking tape. 1/4 in from the end of the blade. Keep wrapping until the end of the screw driver just fits in the hole in the stock. This will act as a pilot and keep the screw driver centered, so you don't crack the stock. HMB

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Lumper....learn to read....I originally said "every FEW thousand rounds"....not a couple of thousand.....

Ken

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Ok ... I always thought a "few" always meant a "couple" and that a "couple" meant 2 and that would relate to about 2,000 but I guess I was wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.