Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Purbaugh or similar conversion of a Std. weight Remington 1100 20 gauge to 28 gauge. I am also interested in what some referred to as an over-barrel. This is where they place thin wall hydraulic tubing on a plain 410 or 28 gauge barrel small frame gun and then have Simmons put a rib on it. This set up does not require any modification of the internals. These type of guns where very popular before the days of briley and kolar tubes.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I know the daughter of of former Remington employee who shot at the Remington Gun club in the 60's through the 80's that had two 28 gauge auto's built by Purbaugh and a third I an't recall. When the shooter passed away I was offered one of the guns but passed ( i'm a lefty). The daughter ending up selling the her Dad's shotguns to a local gun shop in Conn for $650.00.

SM

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the daughter of of former Remington employee who shot at the Remington Gun club in the 60's through the 80's that had two 28 gauge auto's built by Purbaugh and a third I an't recall. When the shooter passed away I was offered one of the guns but passed ( i'm a lefty). The daughter ending up selling the her Dad's shotguns to a local gun shop in Conn for $650.00.

SM
If you find still has one around I would be interested. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have one sitting in my gun safe,works great and is around 95% condition.I sent you "i think" a private message.I may be moving in a few months and have been thinking about letting a few things go that have not been used in a while,so send me a note if your still looking.also I see your two weeks older than me,thanks Mike

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
None of the Purbaugh conversions were marked as such, you were supposed to know what you were looking at.

On the .410 and possibly others, there was a modification to the trigger carrier latch as well as an aluminum plug/locator that was held in the magazine tube by a couple small screws, I don't recall if the bolt/extractor was modified but it probably was.

Pat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts