Trapshooters Forum banner

Remington 1100 shell catcher

1862 11
I infrequently shoot trap with a Remington 1100 12 gauge. If I remove the gas o-ring will that work to stop ejection without damaging my 1100? I do not care for the BW Casey wire catcher as I hunt this shotgun. I appreciate any advice from anyone familiar with this solution or other solutions. I thank you in advance for your help.

Joey
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,606 Posts
They make plastic and metal snap on catchers that work that just snap on and off. Also a rubber band around the receiver will also work. Not sure I would want all the gas blowing back and gumming up the works by removing the O ring. Also if you did that you would have to manually open the action each time.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They make plastic and metal snap on catchers that work that just snap on and off. Also a rubber band around the receiver will also work. Not sure I would want all the gas blowing back and gumming up the works by removing the O ring. Also if you did that you would have to manually open the action each time.

Thanks but I cannot find any of the old metal or plastic shell catchers. I probably gave away 6 or 7 over the years (about $6.00 each) Now they sell for about $80.00 on eBay. I have looked at all suggestions on the net. All list as out of stock. As you said I worry about gas blowing back but cleaning is not a problem, damage is a problem.

· Registered
617 Posts
I infrequently shoot trap with a Remington 1100 12 gauge. If I remove the gas o-ring will that work to stop ejection without damaging my 1100? I do not care for the BW Casey wire catcher as I hunt this shotgun. I appreciate any advice from anyone familiar with this solution or other solutions. I thank you in advance for your help.

Joey
I have the BC wire catcher on my 1100..the wire comes off in 2 seconds to hunt

· Premium Member
691 Posts
Your other option is to have a knock-down bump welded on the barrel extension, which allows shells to eject normally but deflects them down so that they won't annoy or distract the shooter to your right. It wouldn't have any effect on your ability to use the gun for hunting. Takes only a couple of minutes if your gunsmith knows how to do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.