Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While replacing the hammer pin on my 1100, I drove the old pin out with a punch and then was trying to insert the new pin and push my punch out a the same time. I accidentally pulled the punch out too far and the hammer shot out and hit me right between the eyes. After I gathered my senses, I got it all lined up again and inserted the hammer pin. I then installed the washer and flared the end to hold it in. I noticed when the hammer is not cocked, it is very loose and just wobbles around. I don't remember it being that way with the old pin. Did I loose a bushing or spacer when the hammer hit me in the face or is this normal?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the breakdown nsguy. There does not appear to be anything else in there. I just don't remember it being that loose before. For some stupid reason I must have had the hammer cocked at the time it shot out. There is no other way it would have had enough spring tension.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information guys. Yesterday was opening day for dove season and it functioned perfectly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts