Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Numerous threads on different web sites refer to a forend support assembly for the Remington 1100. The owners manual identifies this assembly as #48. However, I cannot find a picture in the diagram for a number 48 anywhere.

Does anyone know exactly what this assembly is? It appears that this part may fail at some point and would need to be replaced, repaired or whatever.

Thanks to all. Darryl

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Put a dab of grease where the top of the forend support sits wedged against the flat, bottom part of the barrel, beneath the chamber area. Keep your mag cap tight. They are about $10.00 from Brownells

Wayne

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info and showing exactly what this part is. Is it located in the forearm? When the time comes for replacement does it just snap out?

Thanks again Wayneo.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Cy-Kick. For some reason that pictures is missing from my original owner's manual. Does it clip into the receiver?

·
Registered
217 Posts
It snaps onto the two rails of part no. 1 in the above schematic. It takes a little coaxing to get it on, but it is not a hard job.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I just replaced a couple that had broken during the summer.

The Remington part number is REMG PRT2210, they are $5.85 each on the Remington website.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.