Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While investigating a recent issue with my 1980 era Rem. 1100 Trap, I was concerned about the apparent differences in gas seal o-ring dimensions. Not so much the ID/OD, but rather the thickness of the o-ring. I ordered o-rings from several different sources, and here’s what I found regarding thickness:
Professor Foam/Mr. O-Ring - 0.054”
Brownell - 0.064”
Remington - 0.069“
Just offering this as general information, for all of these o-rings seem to work fine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
A few years ago, I purchased 100 Viton O-rings from MARCO Rubber & Plastic Products, Website: www.marco rubber.com. Part Number: V1000-021. I shoot 5,000+ rounds a year. I have never had an issue with these O-rings. I change O-rings when they look worn, about once, maybe twice a year. My recollection is that the cost was about $15.00 plus shipping. I think I have given away more O-rings to fellow 1100/11-87 shooters than I have used. Strongly recommend these.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Someone posted this chart years ago. I have used the 12 and 28 gauge sizes and it works for me.
George

“O” Ring size for Remington 1100

12 gauge #21

20 gauge #19

410 gauge #14

and that 410 and 28 gauge 1100s use the same size.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The earliest 1100's had a steel split ring instead of the silicone now used. Guess it was a matter of cost. Pennies saved here and there over a million guns sold. Do the math.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I buy mine from the local hardware store "plumbing dept"> they last as long as the high priced ones. I also place one on my end cap, it keeps it from coming loose.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I don't have the part number but the rings are red. I bring them the old ring and cat will match it. There about $2.00 plus tax.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I have bought them from the Local Hydraulic store and From Remington when they are on sale.
I know I have gotten over 10 years on a o ring. But this does make me think about thickness and they are cheap. I think I will start putting a new one in my Trap guns at the start of the target season.
Good news is at this rate I have 10-15 years worth of them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts