Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be shooting a Rem 1100 comp as a back up gun and possibly to shoot some doubles. I'll have a shell catcher but that isn't going to help in doubles; does anyone know what is available to direct ejected hulls downward and not toward an adjacent shooter?

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
1100 trap barrels have a knock down pin installed on the barrel flange. You can also inform the scheduler that you are shooting a semi-auto for doubles so you can be squaded with other shooters that won't be bothered by it. A gunsmith might be able to install a knock down pin on your barrel. Mark

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Even with a knockdown pin you're going to be flinging empties at the shooter on your right when you have to chase a hard right angle.
Try to squad with the post next to you empty, or
as suggested, get the OK from the shooter who will be next to you.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joe, you're saying you've no problems with ejection with the knock down pin. I talked to Remington and the part is available....just needs to be installed.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
There is a shell catcher that will catch two rounds. I wish I could remember the name and where I saw it. If I come across it I'll post and/or contact you.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
It is called a Multicatch, and is currently only available for some Beretta models. see link above. Mark

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Let's be honest. If you're flinging shells close to the shooter next to you, it's going to upset him, even if he doesn't actually get hit. Hitting his mike stand isn't OK, either; and if the hulls are dropping
at your feet, they're not being ejected hard enough to reliably clear the chamber.

I shoot an 1100, and if I can't have an open position next to me, or the blessing of the
shooter occupying that spot, I don't shoot the event.

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
One of the main reasons I quit shooting doubles; if I have to buy/own an o/u or sxs it isn't worth it..... Regards, Ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts