Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kick myself weekly for ever selling my Classic Trap. I shot some great scores with that gun and it went BANG every time I pulled the trigger. They are still listed on Remington's website but out of stock virtually everywhere. Are they still being produced or part of Remington's purge to get back to being profitable?

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Not sure, but can guess that the LOW volume items, like the 1100 Classic Trap, are way down the priority list in Ilion. There have been some up for sale here and on other web sites.

Scott Hanes

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure, but can guess that the LOW volume items, like the 1100 Classic Trap, are way down the priority list in Ilion. There have been some up for sale here and on other web sites.

Scott Hanes
Apparently they can't even pay the bill for the website at the moment.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Model 1100 Classic Trap

Yup alive and well as are the 1100 competitions
The competition looks like a nice gun too. They did a lot of good things on there. But I like the Classic Trap because they still put the knock down stud on it for doubles. Mine always worked pretty well. I never had any empties make it more than a couple feet from me.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Just like Luke said! You can buy a Remington 1100 Trap T in like new shape for less then a new classic trap and everything about the gun is nicer. You must have a little patience and keep your eyes open. I wouldn't buy a new ANYTHING from Remington. They refuse to back up the products they make or work on them unless they are under warranty. So many of the Remington authorized gunsmiths are total fuck ups and yet you are required to take your gun to them and have it fixed by them until 400 bucks later its still broke and then if the factory authorized gunsmith agrees he can't fix it, you can send it to Remington. I can't afford the money or the time. The only people who get paid to practice are Doctors. Not gunsmiths who have you by the balls because you CAN'T send your gun to the factory for service. All that said I never had any trouble with the old Trap T's or any older Remingto that even their factory authorized gunsmiths couldn't fix.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Just like Luke said! You can buy a Remington 1100 Trap T in like new shape for less then a new classic trap and everything about the gun is nicer. You must have a little patience and keep your eyes open. I wouldn't buy a new ANYTHING from Remington. They refuse to back up the products they make or work on them unless they are under warranty. So many of the Remington authorized gunsmiths are total fuck ups and yet you are required to take your gun to them and have it fixed by them until 400 bucks later its still broke and then if the factory authorized gunsmith agrees he can't fix it, you can send it to Remington. I can't afford the money or the time. The only people who get paid to practice are Doctors. Not gunsmiths who have you by the balls because you CAN'T send your gun to the factory for service. All that said I never had any trouble with the old Trap T's or any older Remingto that even their factory authorized gunsmiths couldn't fix.
Sorry. Tapatalk was definitely having issues.

I kind of like the Classic Trap with the nice wood and gold eagle inlay. Also a lot of those older trap grades have had this blazes shot out of them. While I agree on recent Remington quality, I have the convenience of having a competent authorized Smith not too far away. That said, I’m mostly just window shopping right now. Some of the folks with the older trap grades are pretty proud of them and try to sell them for way more than they are worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,385 Posts
A good friend recently tried to sell a lightly used (by me - I was the original owner and bought it new) 1100 Classic Trap asking $850 in the original box. Lotsa "tire-kickers" but no offers. I had won a handicap event with it before I got bitten by the Perazzi bug. $1399 for a Classic Trap?? I need an aspirin! Might spend my government $timulu$ check if he still has it.

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
I paid $1100 for a Classic Trap about 4 years ago.
My daughter claimed it. She shoots it better than I did...

It is a target smoker with the *Long Handicap* choke tube (.041) ! That's the only choke she will use. She loves vaporizing targets !!!

·
Registered
31,613 Posts
This is from Remington website.

you find it by clicking on “shotguns” then click on “competition”

lists for twice as much as last one I bought less than 15 years ago.

Model 1100 Classic Trap | Remington

·
Registered
932 Posts
I've been on the lookout for one myself. I've owned three of them but always thought I needed something better. I have other guns I like to shoot, but still have a soft spot for those guns. I guess it's because my first 12ga was an 1100.

There is a guy that is in the Arkansas trap shooting hall of fame that shot one so much, all the bluing had worn off the receiver. No telling how many rounds it has fired.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Thank God your not left handed! --wore out my left hand 1100 trap --been looking for a lightly used left hand --Every one I have found, you could shave with the action block rails.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank God your not left handed! --wore out my left hand 1100 trap --been looking for a lightly used left hand --Every one I have found, you could shave with the action block rails.
I am a lefty too. Despite reaching the point of anger with the left-handed community for settling for and dealing with right-handed gun instead of getting the industry to build lefties, I actually prefer the loading port on the right side of the gun on sem-autos and pumps. I had a left-handed 870 and it seemed awkward. I guess too many years of loading right-handed guns. That said, I found I had to modify the way I held my Classic Trap while shooting trap. The tendency was to hold it with my left hnad by the wrist. Over time, some pretty serious tendonitis developed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And at full retail. You better jump all over that. Like the guys said earlier just keep your eyes open on here for a nice lightly used 1100 Trap T for closer to $850 and you will be forever pleased.
Bidding is still open. It's up to $1125. That's like retail assuming you could find one somewhere. I did contact Remington and supposedly they are still being made.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts