Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
The 1187 uses it.

The model 48, 1148 used something similar but I wouldn't dare think the dimensions would be the same.

Al

Reactions: vatrap

·
Registered
169 Posts
I believe it is brazed to the receiver which is going to make replacement more difficult if you do find one. 1100 and 1187 did share the same tube. I don’t think any others share it. Not 100% sure on any of this though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe it is brazed to the receiver which is going to make replacement more difficult if you do find one. 1100 and 1187 did share the same tube. I don’t think any others share it. Not 100% sure on any of this though.
The receiver and action tube have threads.
The magazine tube is permanently attached.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
The 1187 uses it.

The model 48, 1148 used something similar but I wouldn't dare think the dimensions would be the same.

Al
The length may not be the same, but the stock retaining nut is the same size.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I learned that it is not threaded on to the receiver but another way. This is a interesting project I've been involved in, honestly I am ready for this difficult project. It's well worth the effort for something like this old piece of history.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Surecycle, who makes products like action tube/components to ensure shotguns cycle properly, would hopefully know what they are talking about. They too say it is brazed in place (click Remington link and then REM01 then product info in the link below to see what I’m quoting). Brazing is sort of like welding but doesn’t melt the base metals together to form the bond, but instead is at lower temp that melts just the filler material to form the strong bond. Obviously at one time the tube was available to purchase so I’m sure it has been done countless times by gunsmiths in the past. I do hope you can revive the gun!

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
I learned that it is not threaded on to the receiver but another way. This is a interesting project I've been involved in, honestly I am ready for this difficult project. It's well worth the effort for something like this old piece of history.
Do you have tube that came in the gun? Unless someone real worked at destroying it should be usable?

Al

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
One of the butcher stock syndrome.
Some of them were shortened a 1/2" to 1" at times by gunsmiths to get the shortest LOP possible for kids and small women.
They would cycle fairly reliably. Unless it's short enough to bind the fork under recoil, it should still work.

Reactions: Walz
1 - 14 of 14 Posts