Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several of the old 1100 30” fixed full Trap barrels and want to send one to Briley for install of thin wall choke tubes. These barrels were bored at .730 and I’m wondering if I would benefit from having the barrel opened to .745 and lengthening the forcing cones as well?
Curious if anyone out there has had this done on one of these barrels.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
What benefit would you see accruing from having such work done?

All I can see is the loss of 7 and half thou of steel from the barrel wall.

·
Registered
23,507 Posts
I have several of the old 1100 30” fixed full Trap barrels and want to send one to Briley for install of thin wall choke tubes. These barrels were bored at .730 and I’m wondering if I would benefit from having the barrel opened to .745 and lengthening the forcing cones as well?
Curious if anyone out there has had this done on one of these barrels.
Leave them alone. They are valuable. Best patterning barrels on the field. Offer them for sale, unmolested, and see what they bring.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Had the thin wall tubes put in one of my full choke superX1 barrels, excellent results. Have done well with Skeet and 5 stand.
Did not do the .745. Interesting idea.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I had Briley put thin wall tubes in my Remington 1100 in 1985. I shot it competitively in my youth, and my daughter shot it competitively for many years as well. It has well over 75000 shells through it with no problems.

If I remember correctly, Briley drilled the barrel with three tubes and a wrench for $115.

·
Vendor
19,851 Posts
Don't backbore. Can create a separate issue of pressure to operate the gas system. Chokes are fine, but do not backbore or forcing cone lengthen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts