Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Starting to look for Remington 1100 20 gauge to introduce my grand kids to shotguns. Thought it would be a nice place to start. I'll probably work on the stock a bit. Not sure if they are available have screw in chokes or are all fixed chokes. Would like a rib on it rather than a plain barrel Thoughts and ideas welcome.

Thanks, Dusty

·
Registered
893 Posts
2 sons and I have 3 Rem "LT-20" 1100's. These are the scaled down versions and are not for sale. As for reliability- keep the gas ports, magazine tube and gas rings clean and they won't miss a beat. About every 3 yrs. the Sons would completely dissasemble the receiver and clean in parts cleaner, then rinsed off in hot water, dried with hair dryer and reassembled and lightly lubed. As for safety considerations- I started out each son hunting with these autoloaders with only one shell loaded. 3" chamber models were offered and a 2 3/4" chambered barrel will work on a 3" receiver. These are soft shooting shotguns. Oldest son is now 36 yrs. old and still uses his for prairie grouse in S.D. Wood stocks/forearms and extra barrels are getting hard to find.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I have a Remington 1100 LT-20 with the matte black finish 26 inch vent rib barrel with remchokes and middle bead. Comes with black synthetic youth stock set. PM me if you need more info. JM

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I have a 1100 standard 20ga, which is a 12ga frame that is a 20ga. Soft shooter. Vented rib skeet choke. 26. Inch barrel. Very nice gun that wpuld be right for the grandkids, and you too.I can send pictures if you are interested. PM me for price or questions

**Just posted in the for sale section with pics and price**

1 - 7 of 7 Posts