Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every so often the shell will not clear the catcher and bounce back into the chamber sometimes it flips backwards is this a problem with shell catchers? my club said just take it off so I did but I don't like kicking shells into the shooter o my right.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Im not sure the brand but I have a little snap on tin catcher on my 1187 and I never had this problem yet ? I have been using this as a back up gun on and off or loaner gun for the last 25 years.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I have had that happen to me many times with TS shell catchers on my 1100 and 1187. Pain in the butt when it happens. I have a TS shell catcher on my Beretta 391 and have never had it happen on the 391???

·
Registered
775 Posts
Newer plastic T&S catcher catches once in awhile. Just need to grind a tiny bit of plastic off where the shell exits. Better yet try to find the old all metal version. I put a post in WTB section and dicktax was kind enough to part with his. Nice folks on this forum! No problem ever with the all metal. Can’t figure why they changed the original design. I guess the metal could have scratched the receiver?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Every so often the shell will not clear the catcher and bounce back into the chamber sometimes it flips backwards is this a problem with shell catchers? my club said just take it off so I did but I don't like kicking shells into the shooter o my right.
Rich..I shoot an 1100 most of the time with an old T&S shell catcher works good for me..its the metal one with plastic overlay..you could also put a knockdown pin in

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Only the all metal 1100 shell catcher walks. The plastic coated ones stay put. You do have to file a little on the edge to make room for the bolt handle.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have tried the T & S in both plastic & metal filed both down it's a little better now when the my club opens I am going to try the catch all with the wire if that does not work I will just fold down the wire and the hell with it thanks for the info.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Sorry dickgtax. I left out the g in your name.
I love the metal one I got from you. Hope yours is working well for you too. Stay well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts