Want To Buy - Remington 11-87 nickel sporting clays | Trap Shooters Forum
  1. Recently members have been receiving an email about confirming their account. Do not click the link. If you have done so and entered your login information, change your password immediately, and ensure the email address on your account is correct. This is a phishing scam designed to take your login information. Details here: https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/confirmation-email-warning.694601/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Members are required to have 50 posts before using the Classifieds Area, or PM system to contact. Any subversion of these rules will result in action taken against your account. The rules are posted here: https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/rules-for-using-the-for-sale-by-members-want-to-buy-want-to-trade-sections.265247/
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Want To Buy Remington 11-87 nickel sporting clays

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads - Participating Members' started by Browningman22, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Browningman22

Browningman22 Member

0   0   0

Looking for a Remington 11-87 nickel sporting clays for a young shooter. Gun was produced in the mid 90's. Please send me a message if you have one for sale.

Thanks

2. trapper tim

trapper tim Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Just saw a nice one listed on gun broker.

3. dickgtax

dickgtax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I had one of the nickel 11-87's in the seventies. It was before sporting clays become popular and they didn't sell well. Remington dumped their entire inventory at a big discount. It came with a 30" barrel and was an excellent gun.

4. john h ashcraft

john h ashcraft Member

0   0   0

What year did the 1187 come out ? I didn't think they came out until 1987.

5. P3AT

P3AT Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

No manufacturer offered a "Sporting" gun until after 1990.

Pat

6. dickgtax

dickgtax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

You both could be right. I probably got my decades mixed up. The nickel 11-87 was the second sporting clays model. The first one was blued and had a 28" barrel. I am correct however about Remington dumping their inventory at a big discount.

7. Cheetah

Cheetah Active Member

0   0   0

Beretta and Browning manufactured designated Sporting shotguns before 1990 FYI.

8. P3AT

P3AT Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Cheetah, I was shooting USCA in 1989, there was no such thing as a "Sportrer" at that time. The NSCA did not form until a couple years later, then the gun makers saw the market.

Pat