Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a Remington 11-87 nickel sporting clays for a young shooter. Gun was produced in the mid 90's. Please send me a message if you have one for sale.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
I had one of the nickel 11-87's in the seventies. It was before sporting clays become popular and they didn't sell well. Remington dumped their entire inventory at a big discount. It came with a 30" barrel and was an excellent gun.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had one of the nickel 11-87's in the seventies. It was before sporting clays become popular and they didn't sell well. Remington dumped their entire inventory at a big discount. It came with a 30" barrel and was an excellent gun.
What year did the 1187 come out ? I didn't think they came out until 1987.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
You both could be right. I probably got my decades mixed up. The nickel 11-87 was the second sporting clays model. The first one was blued and had a 28" barrel. I am correct however about Remington dumping their inventory at a big discount.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Cheetah, I was shooting USCA in 1989, there was no such thing as a "Sportrer" at that time. The NSCA did not form until a couple years later, then the gun makers saw the market.

Pat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts