Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever put a add a rib on a Remington 11-87 if so witch model best matches to Remington Rib.

·
Premium Member
3,145 Posts
Best thing to do would be to call them tomorrow if nobody chimes in tonight.
I've looked too, and they don't have Remingtons listed ...

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
I was looking at doing the same thing - my guess was that the Browning (BRN006) would be the best match.
Give them a call or e-mail Joe Leone at the contact email on their website - he was very encouraging. As an experiment, I bought some 3/8" aluminum bar stock and made my own. It turned out fine, but I shot a lot worse with the higher rib than without it, so I went back to the stock rib and adapted!

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
I made a rib for my 1100 from a 24" long, 5/16" X 5/16" basswood dowel. Basswood is very hard and the dowel was very straight. I colored it with a black Sharpie. It's been on my gun for a year. Cost about a dollar.

·
Registered
105 Posts
....As an experiment, I bought some 3/8" aluminum bar stock and made my own. It turned out fine, but I shot a lot worse with the higher rib than without it, so I went back to the stock rib and adapted!
I have to agree here.

I did the add a rib as well. Scores were in the dumps. If the gun/barrel wasn't designed for it, then I think its an uphill battle to get the results you're looking for.

Basic rule of thumb I use now: the further you get away from the bore, the more modification you need to the stock. The more modification need to the stock may mean a whirwind of gun fit issues if you don't have the professional opinion of a stock fitter.

My two cents (and it might be worth exactly that)

Good luck and break them all!

John

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dont think about adding rib height unless you plan on raising the comb some how. Brand of gun doesn't matter...I think they list brands just to try and match up the ribposts to look somewhat factory, you will have to supply them measurements even if its listed. I just ordered a rib for my Winchester supreme and all Joe needed was a couple simple measurements, the whole phone call/order took under 10 minutes including measurement and chit chat (Joe is a nice guy). Have your gun in front of you when you order.
Keensights is another stick on rib option, a little spendier but you can send your barrel in for custom fitment, i.e. if your rib is tapered width it will get matched up

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Indeed, before I bought my 1100 Competition Synthetic, I was contemplating putting an add-a-rib on it when I got it. I shot a friends 1100 Competition with an add-a-rib and didn't do well with it. I elected not to put one on mine when I got it. If I decide to put one on a gun at a future date, Joe at add-a-rib will be my first call.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
I have heard that Joe at Add-a-Rib does good work. Essentially built and 1100 Competition for my son. Found an older basic 1100 trap with a flat rib full choke barrel. Purchased a Jack West stock/forearm with the auto-buster from a guy on here. Then had Keen Rib make a taller add on rib with the channeled fiber optic to prevent cross dominance eye issues. Works very nice, raised the POI, looks nice and he shoots it VERY well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just finished making a a 3/8 high rib out of a 3/8 square hardwood put a center brass bead and a white front bead double stich tape look good will try it out Thursday it now gives me the #8 that I was missing will see how it works.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I tried a home made 3/8 rib did not do the trick added only a few more birds out of 3 rounds si I removed it.

·
Krieghoff K80
2,495 Posts
Just ran across this a day or two ago. How's this for "raising the comb" Spanishammer ?.....................................lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts