Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GUN CRAZY IN CALIFORNIA<br>
<br>
News outlets in Southern California made a big deal out of a 62-year-old man who had "millions of rounds" of ammunition stored in his home. Firefighters found the cache and a half-finished tunnel under the house when they responded to a fire at the house. The poor man was hauled away and ordered into a 72-hour psychiatric hold -- something reminiscent of Soviet tactics to do away with dissidents. I grant you that some survivalists don't know "how much is enough," but, it looks like California intends to treat eccentric behavior as some form of insanity.<br>
<br>
Jim Rawles, noted survival writer, had this cogent comment: "You may have heard on the news about a southern California man that was put under 72-hour psychiatric observation when it was found that he owned 100 guns and allegedly had (by rough estimate) 1 million rounds of ammunition stored in his home. The house also featured a secret escape tunnel. My favorite quote from the dimwit television reporter: 'Wow! He has ... about a million machine-gun bullets.' The headline referred to it as a 'massive weapons cache.' BTW, I am dubious about the pile of ammunition boxes and cans that they showed. It looked big enough to contain no more than about 100,000 rounds, unless there was a lot of .22 rim fire ammo. However, by southern California standards, even someone owning 100,000 rounds would be called 'mentally unstable.'<br>
<br>
"Just imagine if he lived elsewhere:<br>
<br>
"In Arizona, he'd be called 'an avid gun collector.'<br>
<br>
"In Texas, he'd be called 'a novice gun collector.'<br>
<br>
"In Utah, he'd be called 'moderately well prepared,' but they'd probably reserve judgment until they made sure that he had a corresponding quantity of storage food.<br>
<br>
"In Montana, he'd be called 'The neighborhood "Go-To" guy.'<br>
<br>
"In Idaho, he'd be called 'a likely gubernatorial candidate.'<br>
<br>
"And, in Wyoming he'd be called 'an eligible bachelor.' "

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
He must of hit a few sales at Wally World in the past ... Just the thoughts of another Collector in Arizona ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
729 Posts
Keep us all informed of what happens to him and the cache. I wouldlike to know what they do with all of his things. As far as I can tell he did nothing wrong.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well done Brian.
FYI:
I have two nut case California transplants living on ether side me here in Southern Arizona.
There major concern seems to be the safety and well being of illegals comming across.
In the past year I have had 3 Illegal wonder on to my property, the Sheriff & BP took charge of them.
Folks from Calif. are appauled.
I take much delight in informing them that if they don't like it here, GO BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM!!

Must be somthing in the water in California that is effecting there thinking

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sweet post Brian. I often wonder what someone would think of my filing cabinet filled with ammo. Or on my way to a state shoot-whattya gonna do, start a war?

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Nice to see the Dumocrats get it stuck up their butt for a change.

Hate to use this phrase, but "You go girl!"

Don't think I've ever seen that weasel Schumer quiet that long. Whata slimebag.

·
Registered
286 Posts
It keeps going up!!!

Fire yields 2 million rounds of ammo

Wire reports

NORCO, Calif. - More than 1 million rounds of ammunition, a cache of weapons and a tunnel were found at a home after a fire that forced a neighborhood evacuation, authorities said Friday.

Crews worked to fortify the tunnel, which measured 5 feet wide by 8 feet long, to ensure it was safe. It appeared to be at least 10 feet deep and led into a back yard, authorities said.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Before one jumps to all these conclusions one should know all the facts before starting a ralley thread. For one I live in this community and have a step son that attends a school around the corner from this individual. I am also a cop, avid hunter, gun collector and supporter of all our gun rights as is my wife.

The fact (Which was also told in the news media)is, that explosive devices were also discvered at the location, along with some weapons that happen to be banned in california if not registered. There was a fire at the location and the individual kept trying to re-enter the residence and appeared to be unstable. It is not that easy to take someone 5150 for a 72 hour evaluation if they do not fit the classification.

In california we have to be aware of the laws which explain how much powder we can safely have at a residence without a hazardous fire container (I believe 18 lbs.). This probably also would cover the amount of ammunition without proper storage due to the powder they contain. All states have laws which are governed by fire codes and state hazardous groups such as CALOSHA.

This is a perfect example of all of us assuming the worst and rising to the occassion to protect someone who was detained and possibly arrested because of gun rights. The fact is that he was a danger to himself and his community and I am glad my kid is safer because of this.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.