Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The TGT-12S is mainly for 1oz. std target loads containing 17-18 gr.of Red Dot /Clays etc. It is used in the nitro 27 for 1 1/8th because the base of the wad is slightly higher than the fig 8 wad. The Nitro 27 uses a much denser powder, Tightgroup -18.5 gr, ( I use a PW J-1 bushing with Red Dot, which drops approx 17.6 gr, the same bushing with Tightgroup would drop around 30 gr or so. I had to modify a C bushing to drop 18.5 ) which if used with a fig 8 wads would yield a concave crimp since the wad isn't up as high in the hull. The opposite is true with the 7/8th oz loads, which calls for 21 gr or so of Red Dot. I load all three of these with the TGT-12S and they work well. Hope this makes sense. Bob

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Washing doesn't hurt. It is important to get the wads before the sunlight has a chance to make the plastic brittle. It is easy to check. Take a wad petal and bend it, if it doesn't break off, you're good to go. HMB

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Nobody called you cheap. You can shoot factory shells or reload once fired empties. You can do the same with wads, buy new ones or pick up once fired ones and reload them. They are both made of plastic and can be used more than once. HMB

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Claybuster now makes a tgt clone. I have not bought any as of yet because I still have two or three bags of the real deal but as soon as they are gone, it's claybusters for me. John

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
bcnu, You better try some first. The C.B. are not stiched and the wad cup is shorter. I bought a case and when they are gone its back to the old Rem. wads I have used and had no problems with 1 or 1 1/8 since there inception. JP

·
Registered
223 Posts
When I can get TGT12's (sfor stitched) Thats what I load for 1 1 1/16 1 1/8. I load with a PW 2000 and did have to make a little adjustment. I load a range of 700x from an H to a J1. Works great!

Dennis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.