Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE ALWAYS USED REM, FIG 8 WADS IN MY STS HULLS.BUT NOW THEY ARE SO DAM EXPENSIVE. ARE THE CLAYBUSTER FIG.8 WAD JUST AS GOOD? IS THE LOADING DATA THE SAME? THANK YOU FOR THE HELP.

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
Buy the Downrange wads.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I would use the DownRange wad instead of the Claybuster. In my opinion, DownRange makes a better wad with very little plastic build up in your barrel. Ed

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
That makes three. The DRM TGT-12 and Fig-8 clones are so close you can't tell the difference in performance or pattern. I hate ClayBuster wads and would not use them if you gave them to me for free. There are several others I could say the same about, but not Remington and not DRM. BTW, the DRM Windjammer is an excellent substitution for the Fig-8 if you like 8-petal wads.

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
"IS THE LOADING DATA THE SAME?"

Yes

Why are you yelling?

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
The loading data for the DRM TGT-12 and Fig-8 clones and the Remington authentic wads is identical. Each is listed for every relevant load in the new Alliant data.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I don't mind paying extra for the Remington TGT12S wads. They are great performers and go through my MEC Grabber slick and quiet. The Claybuster TGT12 clone made a loud "snap" and required a lot of force to push it through the wad guide.

I do like the Claybuster 12S0 and 13S3 clones.

I may try the DRM TGT-12 next but I need to use up 5000 of the Remington TGT12S first.

Ed Ward

·
Registered
637 Posts
I would be more than happy to use downrange wads if someone in or around the state of Idaho sold them. It seems that everyone who sells them is a long ways from here and the shipping kills the deal. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Another vote for the downrange. I use the genuine article most of the time, but the Downrange is about the best clone. Claybusters come up in third place.

·
Registered
393 Posts
ill stay with the remington fig 8, stitched petals make a world of differance when you dont have to fight hitch hikers-folded petals,im paying $17/1000 when i buy a case of 5000(schanz supply) and the 2 extra bucks is worth less headaches,plus thats what remington uses in their premium shells,all my hulls are sts hulls.mark

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
why do the claybusters SNAP through the wad quide? I found the same issue with my MEC 650 and 9000. I like the stiched wads from remington. They stay put on the wad ram tube! I buy DownRange when they are in stock!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.