there are so many models - from an ADL with a plastic stock right on up

can you be more specific?

regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A friend asked me to inquire---I'll get back but I think it is just a standard with wood stock and fore-end---Mystic

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I bought a 700 VTR (Varmint Tatical Rifle) in .308 a few years ago and I really like it. It has a 20" heavy weight barrel and an all weather stock. It has two front swivel studs so you can add both a sling and a bi-pod.

It was about $650 as I remember. There are probably less expensive models but I really like the VTR. It shoots about a minute of angle with Remington factory 150 grain PSP Core Lokt's at 100 yds.

If you are looking for a lower priced used 700, there are a lot of 22" bbl BDL models in 30-06 out there. The 30-06 is a great deer cartridge.

I think that most of the .308 700's were the higher priced grade varmint and tactical models.

Ed Ward

·
Registered
572 Posts
The Model 700 Carbine is it's own model, they're fairly rare, but they are out there. A guy that used to collect them used to transfer all of them from a store I worked for and I used to do his paperwork. So, I talked to him and used to ask him what he paid for them, and it really varied. He was the president of a bank, and he didn't really care what he paid for them, he used to buy whatever he found in 700 Carbines, he paid anywhere from $350-$700 dollars, the upper end were some that were in pristine condition. He told me some chamberings were more rare than others, but I do not believe the .308 was one of them, I could be wrong, though. I think the 350-600 range is about fair depending on condition, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.