Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Y'all,
I have a old 1100 Rem(this gun doesn't say 1100,but that is what it is) that is marked as a Ted Williams model(sold by Sears).I wanted to know if there was a certain type of barrel would fit this reciever? Will any 1100 barrel fit?
Someone cut the original barrel down to 18.5 inches,and it doesn't shoot worth a [email protected]@t(no choke of coarse).............any help would be appreciated.

D.P.Reynolds

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe I'm wrong now that I think about it...............It may have been made for Monkey Wards............,but it is an 1100 for sure.The gun was made in the late 60's,or early 70's.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Can you post a photo of it?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't post any pics............the gun is at a friends house in W.Va.
Its most certainly an 1100.................just need a full length(28,30 inch) barrel.

·
Premium Member
10,525 Posts
If it is a genuine Remington 1100 there's no reason other barrels wont work. Does it say 1100 on the gun?

We traded a lot of guns in the 50's through the 80's and I never saw anything with "Ted Williams" on it that made by Remington. Traded for many Winchester 1200 and 1400's with the slugger's name on it though. Fewer High Standard or Marlin made shotguns or rifles.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
There should be a few 1100`s at a range you visit that you could try on your receiver before you attenpt to buy on on this site .

·
Registered
160 Posts
Remington made a plain jane version of the 1100 for the discount stores, it had Sportsman stamped on the receiver. All parts interchange with the 1100.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I do not know if Remington made guns for Sears or not, but the above cross reference shows a lot of Winchesters, Mossbergs, and others. No Remington.

Wayne

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.