Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever made a weight for a Remington 1100 stock that would replace the action tube nut, and screw onto the action tube itself. I know you can put weight in behind the nut, but thought it may be a little more elegant to have one that screws right to the nut.

I believe they may have made these for the 28ga and 410 guns, but have never seen one for 12ga.

The action tube thread is .605-32, which would make it tricky to make from scratch.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
I think you could take a piece of brass bar stock and turn it down so that it fits in the stock with a little clearance and bore it to be a press fit over the standard nut and trim the length so it doesn't protrude past the end of the stock. A slip fit and red Loctite might be another way to go.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I have always thought there was a market for this & why some one does not manufacture them is beyond Me. I have one in my 28ga 1100 & I bought the kit for the .410 as well, now I need to buy a 1100 .410. I think this could not be only for 1100's but any gun with a stock bolt. The Trap shooters would buy them & Skeet shooters & Duck Hunters.
Just a little FYI I have took large steel bolts & had them turned on metal lathe to same size as the magazine Plug that comes with 1100, I even had one made a little longer & turned my 1100 in to a two shot gun, one shel in chamber & only one in magazine. It adds a few more ounces and works great as I have used it in my 11-87 20ga also. It also makes it balance the same as when hunting with shells in gun.
Let's just sell kits weighted stockbolts & steel Magazine Plugs.. I will sell you the rights.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Somewhere in one of my 1100's is one, It is a piece of 3/4 round stock welded to the original nut, then drilled and tapped to accept a 1/4" allen screw that is then welded. Overall length about 3 1/2" I think it came from Jim Cunningham over 20 years ago. Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts