Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This problem is driving me crazy. I have been rebuilding my old 1100(circa 1975)
new bolt, trigger and trap barrel. Waited almost 3 mos. for the barrel. finally put all together and now ( it worked perfectly before) when I close the bolt it goes to far forward and the hammer does not reach the firing pin and no bang.
I have tried my old barrels and bolt. same result.
Now here is the kicker. If the barrel is out, the bolt closes correctly, and the hammer its the pin. ?????? I do not believe it is the link.
So any and all suggestions will be appreciated.
Larry W.

·
Ljutic Nut
2,907 Posts
Look at the little cup (action spring follower) that sits on the spring that the link goes into. I just replaced one for a buddy. It was aluminum and had worn almost all the way through and it would not let the bolt go forward enough to fire off a shell.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Is the extractor larger than the opening for the extractor in the barrell ?? the older models had 2 different size extractors..

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
The old original 1100's were all the same extractor. Tha 1187 bolts were made with the thicker extractor and when they brought back the 1100 it had the thicker extractor.The barrel can be opened to accept it if that is the problem. Jeff

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I agree with Dennis. Take the bolt and the barrel and see if the bolt mates up to the barrel outside of the receiver. If you have a newer bolt with the thicker extractor, it won't fit in an older barrel, without filing out the extractor groove a bit. Mark

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
The slide block (on the rear of the slide) puts the locking lug in place to hold the bolt in battery.

You might want to do a parts list check and see if there are 2 different slide assemblies. If the bolts are indeed different the new one might not work on the old slide.

In the old days I would have called Remington and gotten immediate answers. Lord knows how i8t works today.

HM

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HM I did call Remington and they were no help. told me to take it to a gunsmith.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
My friend just dropped off his 1187 to me because it would not fire. The hammer drops when the trigger is pulled, but does NOT dent the primer. Obviously the lug engages the barrel extension. I changed out the bolt assembly( because I had one. Then I exchanged trigger assemblies. Still wouldn't fire. I ordered a new action spring follower following a previous posters advice hoping that will do the trick. I honestly am baffled by this as everything looks fine to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts