Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, rather new here .Find all post very interesting. I shoot in Southern Ontario and it colder than a witches heart here at the moment.My question is will it hurt my Rem 1100 to shoot it with out the gas rings? This happened the other day. It certainly avoids bouncing empty hulls off the other shooters,and frigging with shell catchers . Cheers Richard Parks Ont Canada

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Interesting....can't say whether it will hurt it or not. Wouldn't think so.

But I can say that I have (due to stupidity) shot them plenty of times with the rings in WRONG - out of order, upside down, whatever - and that hasn't done any damage.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I would think pulling the bolt back would get old after a while.

You must not have a trap model, the knock down pin should take care of any bouncing empties.

HM

·
Registered
193 Posts
Had a buddy that shot one that way for years. Works just like a Bolt Action. Clean it up and re-install the rings and your back in business with a auto again.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Years ago (1965), I shot a 1100 Trap, and a friend removed the ejector, spring, and I think a small pin from the same area of the bolt.

The shot force would open the bolt, and the hull would come with it, but not eject.

Flip it on it's side, and shake out the empty.

Worked OK then.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The 1100 was designed to have all its part in their proper place or they would not have been put into the gun to start with. I do not recommend tinkering with something you know nothing about. All warrenties are void if you blow something up or something breaks. Its up to you. Ive been thru the Remington school at Bridgeport and there is no provision for leaving parts out of the gun for ANY reason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts