Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the LOP is on these guns straight from the factory? & if so, how to adjust them? Also, how do the springs work in the Rucker recoil reduction unit? I understand there are medium, light, & heavy springs, but how would one gauge what they'd prefer the recoil reduction to be?
Thanks in advance for the replies!
-ithaca
Ps. This is the competition synthetic I'm referring to; thanks!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Google search "Remington 1100 Competition synthetic LOP" turned up this :
  1. Remington Model 1100 Competition Synthetic - Guns.com
    upload_2015-6-2_17-56-47.gif

www.guns.com/reviews/remington-model-1100-competition-synthetic/
  2. The Remington 1100 Competition Synthetic is an autoloading shotgun chambered in 12 gauge. Remington Arms is ... Barrel Length: 30". Length of Pull: 14.25".
  3. Remington 1100 Competition Synthetic - Compare Guns
    upload_2015-6-2_17-56-47.gif

guns.gearsuite.com/l/.../Remington-1100-Competition-Synthetic-12-gau...
    The Remington 1100 Competition Synthetic has a Length of Pull of 14.25 in., which is about average for a shotguns. Length of Pull is the distance from the ...

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Yes....probably 90% of target shooters use the medium springs. Remington is scheduled to build 1200 more syn. Competitions this year

Ken

·
Registered
758 Posts
Yes....probably 90% of target shooters use the medium springs. Remington is scheduled to build 1200 more syn. Competitions this year

Ken
I am in the 90% ;) I use the medium springs.

1 1/8 oz 1150 or 1200 fps feel like \i am shooting a 28 gage with the medium springs.

I don't feel any movement or cycling from the system, recovery from recoil feels instantaneous to me, it is like shooting a fixed stock w/o the recoil.

My problem is, it is tough to shoot anything else.

Scheduling 1200 for this year is great, IMHO, they will sell every one of them; IMHO, this is one of the greatest bargains and value for money in target shotguns out there.

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
LOP on mine measured 14.75" with the Supercell recoil pad. Using Kens medium springs and a solid Winchester pad reduced it to 14". The Rucker system is the perfect match for this wonderful gun......... Larry

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am in the 90% ;) I use the medium springs.

1 1/8 oz 1150 or 1200 fps feel like \i am shooting a 28 gage with the medium springs.

I don't feel any movement or cycling from the system, recovery from recoil feels instantaneous to me, it is like shooting a fixed stock w/o the recoil.

My problem is, it is tough to shoot anything else.

Scheduling 1200 for this year is great, IMHO, they will sell every one of them; IMHO, this is one of the greatest bargains and value for money in target shotguns out there.
Do 1 0z. Shells have any trouble ejecting from your gun, as opposed to 1 1/8? (That's with of course the ammo that we shoot @ the club).

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
My gun will cycle 7/8 oz and 1 oz with no problems. About 1/2 of what I shoot is the 1290 fps White Box Estates or my 1250 fps reloads....... Larry

·
Registered
758 Posts
Mine will eject my 1150 fps, light, 1 oz reloads, no problem.

Reactions: 2llc

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I really like mine. I do have to kind of get used to the extra weight of the pro bore barrel after a long winter layoff, but the good side is I get to go to Tucson in February to get in shape.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
If they are building some 1200 for the 2015 year, how do you get one fresh-off the factory floor. you know sometimes you just want a "spanky" new one. A friend of mine just bought one, and I can't wait to get a chance to shoot it!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
You will NEVER shoot a nicer gun. Mine cycles anything I put in it, load or hull type. When I got mine two years ago, I looked at the springs, felt them, and thought this is a sales promo and doubted it's usefulness ---WRONG!!!! Mr. Rucker put exactly what needed to make this a very special gun. I, too, use the medium springs. This gun is a sleeper!!!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is without a doubt the best bargain going (for what you get) out there today! IMHO. Mine since finding my desired POI (60/40) the comb has a bit of a wiggle to it, though not very much. The posts are screwed tight but still have a bit of play in them, the comb is screwed tight to the posts where there is no movement. I'd say probably less than 1/8" movement either way the back post moves. Since tightening the comb down, (to date) it hasn't loosened off or gotten any worse than that. I'm not sure of a way to tighten the back post anymore without messing with something. I'm still shooting consistently (for me) high scores with the gun though!
-ithaca

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
If you buy just the stock and forend set with the bumpbuster, that's
$400. Pick up a nice used 1100 with the old style fixed choke trap barrel for $550 to $650. Sell the wood for $ 200 to $250. Now for $850 tops you have a gun that will shoot just like the Competition with a much better barrel than the too heavy ProBore barrel.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts