Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to me 1960s vintage Remington 1100 20 gauge on full size frame forearm magazine cap sleeve is separating from wood and from metal inside at magazine cap detention ball/spring. Has anyone made this repair, is it even possible with an epoxy or such? I cannot find a part number to source a replacement.

Thank You in advance.

52D151D1-ED82-48BF-A6DF-3C3787150101.jpeg

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
You can buy a new metal one from Pat at Laibs gun shop in Spicer, MN. and replace your old one.
It's not that hard to do, I have done many of them over the years and got them from Pat.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
From your photo, under your thumb, you can see how that metal piece is attached. There is either a single or multiple tabs that hold it. To remove the piece, bend the tab(s) straight and the piece will come out.

As noted, Pat Laib should have some to match (it is the same as a 12 gauge due to the mag tube being the same on the Standard 20). You can also check with Numrich on line.

Scott Hanes

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Again, if you can't find one with the multi-tab attachment, let me know.

Scott Hanes
Thank You !!!

Remington web page had a list of suppliers for older, obsolete parts and one has already responded to my email based on your part name and number. I replaced the magazine spring very easily (old one was just fine) however the action spring does not come out after drifting out the pin.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts