Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience reloading the .32 H & R Mag?

I recently purchased a S & W Model 632 chambered for the .327 Federal Magnum and due to the scaricity of .327 Mag ammo I think I will reload some .32 H & R Mags.

I have some empty .32 H&R mag brass and some 85 Grain Hornady HP/XTP bullets.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.

Allen

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
FWIW, I loaded a BUNCH of .32 H&R some years ago, when it was new. Haven't loaded much lately. I was using 100gr RCBS & 115gr Lyman cast bullets and found I had to drive 'em fast to get good accuracy (too slow rifling twist I s'pect). Hefty dose of H110, won't tell you how much as it wasn't sanctioned anywhere.

I suspect the 85 gr bullets wouldn't have the accuracy problem? As I remember when the cartridge first came out the Federal loadings were two, an 85 gr jacketed load that proved quite accurate and a 95 gr swaged lead SWC load that quickly gained a reputation of NOT real accurate, again.......slow rifling twist issues I s'pect?

John C. Saubak

·
Registered
679 Posts
Allen, I have used H-110 with great results with jacketed bullets (95 through 115 grain) from Sierra, & Hornady. Tried 4 other powders but this powder was best by far. Check out Hodgen website for loading info....Good shooting.
Pete

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help everyone.

I think I will use H-110, AA-9 or possibly HP-38. I haven't decided yet. I have all three powders.

A March 1991 issue of Shooting Times magazine was complimentary of using H-110 and the gun was the S & W Model 16 (which I have also).

Thanks again for the input.

Allen

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
ey Mx-8,
I don't think you will find any load that shoots well in that m16...........
so why don't you just sell it to me,and I'll take that burden off your back..

D.P.Reynolds

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oskerspap12:
Thanks for the offer, but I think I will keep it (Model 16) for a while yet.

It really is nice to shoot. Actually I am working on a load for the new Model 632 however. And hopefully one that will shoot good in the Model 16 as well as the Model 632.

Allen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.