Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Unfortunately Extra-lite isn't listed on the MEC chart or the bushing charts at Alliant. You do have a powder scale, right Milt?

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
To get you close without using the loader<UL><li>set a piece of glass or something similar flat on the side of a book with a corner hanging over the edge of the book<LI>put the bushing on the glass and dribble powder into it until it's a little over-full<LI>strike off the excess power toward you with the edge of a credit card<LI>put your scale pan under the glass overhang and slide the bushing over the edge catching the powder in the pan to weigh it.</UL>

MK

·
5,380 Posts
You could just as easily tape the bottom of a bushing and use it as a dipper... the little bit of powder that might adhere can be esimtated.

Jay

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
...then why even bother with a scale if you're going to guesstimate how much powder sticks to the tape and doesn't pour out of the bushing??

MK

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I will let you know next week when my keg arrives!As stated above you should have a scale to verify the weight thrown.Sounds like you don't want to waste any extra money so you want a starting point.You could call or email Alliant and ask them to get you in the ball park.PJ

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you have a beam scale the use Unkowns suggestion, if you have electronic the just set the bushing on the scale and reset it to zero then add the powder to measure it.

Suggestions on electronic scales, compare them against a good beam scale to ensure accuracy. just my .02.

John MI

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Use a scale...

And get the adjustable charge bar. I have one on all my Med presses and wouldn't be without it. I check it once in a while and it never changes. Really an essential (IMHO) addition to a MEC press.

cap

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.