Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, I get my reloading supplies from Trainer Hale Supply in Marion, Texas near San Antonio. Prices are good & he keeps a good inventory of most everything, though even he is fighting the current shortages (i.e. no primers of any kind!) Where do you buy your supplies? I do buy some online but usually the hazmat shipping charges are too high for powder & primers unless one can't get them anywhere else.

· Registered
17,357 Posts
You have to buddy up with a couple guys and split the Hazmat charge. That way it would only cost you about ten bucks.
In my area not only components are not available, but the places to buy ammo have empty shelves. I have great hopes things will loosen up by summer. Luckily I can get a couple months worth from a friend who bought extra. I will be ready to team up to share Hazmat if I have to resort to online buying. At 81 years old, shooting is just about the only fun I have left, and I won't quit without a struggle.

HM

· Registered
103 Posts
Just curious, I get my reloading supplies from Trainer Hale Supply in Marion, Texas near San Antonio. Prices are good & he keeps a good inventory of most everything, though even he is fighting the current shortages (i.e. no primers of any kind!) Where do you buy your supplies? I do buy some online but usually the hazmat shipping charges are too high for powder & primers unless one can't get them anywhere else.

· Banned
684 Posts
If T.Hale does not have what you need probably no one else will either he’s been at a long time and great to do business with 👍

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Made a run to Trainer Hale yesterday & loaded up with supplies. We have a nice group of reloaders here in Sun City & I picked up orders for several of them along with my own. Brought back over a 1,000# of lead shot, 30+# powder, lots of wads. They were out of primers on call-in orders but they were holding back some for walk-in customers, so I managed to add another 1,000 primers to my stores. I've noticed a number of stores limiting customers to supplies so if you have time, it may be worth your while to check shelves at the big sporting goods stores. I found 9mm ammo at my local Academy limited to 2 boxes but they are trying to keep some on stock. A buddy of mine run into some Herter's shotshells at Bass Pro Shop last week limited to 2 flats. So it is trickling in. My gun club got an order of 300 flats filled last week by Fiocchi which was first order we've had filled since September.

· Registered
81 Posts
If you can find it buy it, and get more than you need. The only place I can find 209 primers has a limit of 2 sleeves per customer per day. I can still find shot and wads but it is limited. Until the major ammo companies get caught up, you will not see their components on the shelves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.