Trapshooters Forum banner

Reloading shop just plain out of stuff

2108 11
This shop prides themselves on having stuff. Light on shot, (limited to 5 bags). No shotgun primers, and no shotgun powders.
If I werent in town to celebrate my Daughters birthday I wouldnt have drove there. Its 2.5 hrs away.
I picked up some 20 ga wads, and the shot. Eventually I will run out of reloading stuff, although it should be a few months if I limit my shooting.
Ive heard all the excuses, but its the same as the toilet paper shortage of a few months ago. Panic buying and hoarding.
I cant blame the DEALERS for raising their prices a little, but I will not buy from a scalper.
This too shall pass.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
12,996 Posts
This is probably the reason the shortage will last awhile. A LOT of people have told me that got caught short and it WON"T happen to them again so, I think he hoarding will continue for awhile. The Demand will out run supply because of the fear of the political climate and what the liberals will or might do. I just hope that When and IF the supply does catch back up a lot of the scalpers get caught holding the bag because of the insane prices they have been charging.

· Registered
167 Posts
Back in the 60’s our Uncle introduced us to the 1911 pistol. It was described as a close range defense handgun. We were told if we run out of ammo to use it as a club. Since I refuse to pay the current ammo prices I’m beginning to see my safe full of “clubs.”

· Premium Member
9,223 Posts
Stuff rolls down hill, when they guy above you in the food chain says dance or starve, that is just the way it is. Especially in a noncompetitive environment like the world's most isolated piece of land from any civilization like the Big Island you start thinking you are lucky to get anything at any price like puttin gas in my tank today at a stinking $4.28 a gal, no sense bitchin, as either you pay, hitchhike, or someone else buys that gas at that price, leaving you in the lurch to either have to walk or buy a fricken horse!
Aloha

· Registered
167 Posts
Stuff rolls down hill, when they guy above you in the food chain says dance or starve, that is just the way it is. Especially in a noncompetitive environment like the world's most isolated piece of land from any civilization like the Big Island you start thinking you are lucky to get anything at any price like puttin gas in my tank today at a stinking $4.28 a gal, no sense bitchin, as either you pay, hitchhike, or someone else buys that gas at that price, leaving you in the lurch to either have to walk or buy a fricken horse!
Aloha
I understand sir. I guess that’s the price for living in paradise.

· Registered
2,393 Posts
This is history repeating itself from not that long ago. Everybody should have seen the possibility of this happening nearly a year ago when the presidential campaigning started. Ad to that the virus thing that actually found new people coming into the sport of shooting buying 22's and ammo. Pretty soon it was shotguns and shooting clay targets.

I am not going to have to limit shooting. I don't call it hoarding either. I planned ahead this time.

· Registered
12,996 Posts
This is history repeating itself from not that long ago. Everybody should have seen the possibility of this happening nearly a year ago when the presidential campaigning started. Ad to that the virus thing that actually found new people coming into the sport of shooting buying 22's and ammo. Pretty soon it was shotguns and shooting clay targets.

I am not going to have to limit shooting. I don't call it hoarding either. I planned ahead this time.
To be fair to those who got caught short by the massive shortage , I don't think they thought about the possibility of such MASSIVE voter fraud or the fact a presidential election could be stolen. I myself did have a gut feeling it was possible ,and did stock up . Being an old retired guy my finances did not allow to stock up as much as I would have liked But, I do think I will have enough to get me through the year ,probably a little more if necessary. As far as history repeating it's self ,There was never ( not even under Obozo) the fear or panic buying like on the scale we see now. Walmart and gun store shelves were NOT totally BARE and while some things were somewhat difficult to find , you could still FIND them! Also There was not a MASSIVE explosion of brand new gun owners . 8 MILLION added in the last year ( most of them right after Nov. elections.) and "Nobody" was paying the INSANE prices we see now. Lastly there not a pandemic and government LOCK DOWN. Add all that together and it was a perfect storm that hit gun owners and shooters this time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.