Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in your thoughts on Remington premium hulls. IMHO, STS load a little better than Nitro (I reload lots of both).Any thoughts on this? Thank you!

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
Personally, I like the reloads I get out of GC hulls just as much. I use the exact same components for GC hulls as I do for STS/Nitro hulls and they hold up well to numerous loadings.

IMO, they are the best hulls to reload of all of the "promo" or "cheap" target shells.

Also, empties are plentiful on most ranges. The same sure can't be said for STS or Nitro hulls!!!

Good Luck and Good Shooting!

·
Registered
21,632 Posts
I am interested in your thoughts on Remington premium hulls. IMHO, STS load a little better than Nitro (I reload lots of both).Any thoughts on this? Thank you!
I wonder if your nitro hulls are all just Handicap Trap or if they are the super zinger Sporting Clays load? In my experience the sporting clays hulls are softer plastic than the STS plastic. It may be just the dyes used but there IS a difference. And they seem thinner, translucent, almost transparent.

Reactions: Joe Trapalino

·
Registered
31,794 Posts
If you want to find STS/Nitro hulls on the ground, watch for the people who exit from high end motor homes like the Prevost, Mountain Aire, Tiffin, etc. and follow them. They are the ones leaving the STS and Nitros on the ground. I have about 500 from two shoots from two pads.

I wait until the handicap is over and swoop in while the traps are being filled and reset just before pads fields are cleaned up by trap help. I don’t have to go close in beyond the 25 yard line.
The help sweep and rake all the hulls up and toss them in 55 gallon trash drums.

Reactions: Joe Trapalino
1 - 20 of 51 Posts