Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,218 Posts
Sorry, guys, but for some reason whenever I see the title of this thread I can't help but think of those small white papers that some use to roll joi . . ., er, cigarettes with. :D

·
Premium Member
4,873 Posts
Pheasantmaster can back this story up . Years gone by we both knew a really nice and really wealthy (multi-millionaire) gentleman who used to load Federal papers until there was no life left in them . He was seen quite often trying to dig hulls out of his gun with a pocket knife . You always knew when you were following him on a bank of traps by the hulls on the ground with scotch tape or masking tape wrapped around them to get one more loading out of them . He would load a pallet full of 500 ct cases and have them shipped to Arizona to shoot over the winter .

·
Premium Member
6,313 Posts
Not sure the point of the previous post. But maybe there's a reason the gentleman is a multi-millionaire. He doesn't waste his money.

·
Premium Member
4,873 Posts
The obvious point was when you have to tape over the burn holes above the brass perhaps you have reloaded them 1 or 2 times too many .There is a big difference between being THRIFTY and being CHEAP .Not to mention the trouble of digging worn out hulls out of your gun with a pocket knife dozens of times .

·
Registered
906 Posts
Watched many a trapshooter years ago with 31TC, 870 and model 12 just slide out the waxed paper hull with head ripped off with their little finger once the chamber got warmed up. But reloading the papers multiple times can become too much of a good thing. I load the papers for first shot in Dbls, second shot is GM plastic. Makes it easy to see what load goes in what barrel, them eject them. Dbls are the only event where I eject empties, I believe that I've got better things to occupy my mind, eyes and hands while shooting dbls.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts