Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some DR versalite wads and 700x powder.no load data.looking for 1 1/8 12ga 1150+- rem sts/ gc/waa hulls ns primers.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I have some DR versalite wads and 700x powder.no load data.looking for 1 1/8 12ga 1150+- rem sts/ gc/waa hulls ns primers.
I use this load a lot. win 209 pri windjammer wad 16.5 700x 1150 fps 8.900 psi this load is out of the IMR reloaders guide. there are 11 different wads listed with this load and all use 16.5 700x

jack mc

·
Registered
11,132 Posts
Hodgdon.com------------Go here and follow their reloading data for all your reloading needs with Hodgdon powders, IMR powders and for all Winchester powders as well. Alliantpowder.com is the place to go for most other powder needs.

If you can post here, you can look up loads at Hodgdon.com. Good Luck

Weight your powder drops!!!, so buy a proper scale to check them. Just a FYI.

break em all. Jeff

·
Registered
11,132 Posts
If the E-mail thing gets overlooked or lost you can always try calling during regular business hours as well. I never trust hear-say on reloading data!!! Always get the correct data right from the powder company!!! Now once you have one, you can then ask how others like that load, or powder, or wad, primer, or whatever to get other opinions on a product or load. Best of Luck and break em all. Jeff

PS I was told some time ago that you could substitute Win. primers for the Nobel Sports. I do not know if it holds true at this time. If you kept your loads pressures on the low side I'm reasonably sure it would be OK. But do not trust me!!! Get it from Hodgdon. break em all. Jeff

·
Registered
401 Posts
Nothing of help on the Hodgdon site? Do you mean they don't list any loads with DR versalite wads? They list all kinds of loads with 700X and STS or GC. Tom

·
Registered
10,361 Posts
No data for dr versalite wads/700x.I am trying to use up the dr wads.
Couldn't find the Data but, Versalite was bought by Down Range it is listed as a DRV 12 wad now. This was off the Graf site and all I could find.----
Product Information
The Down Range Versalite is the re-introduction of a great shotgun wad from the past. With its deep over powder cup and new flexible and extremely slick plastic, it provides maximum pattern at handicap yardage. Reduced barrel fouling of plastic residue, easier loading and reduced felt recoil makes for an extremely effective and popular wad.

Technical Notes
Tapered Case (Tapered case = STS, Nitro 27, High Velocity, Gun Club, AA HS and AA Old Style compression formed)

For use in: Winchester AA, Remington, Gold medal Papers and more.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
If the E-mail thing gets overlooked or lost you can always try calling during regular business hours as well. I never trust hear-say on reloading data!!! Always get the correct data right from the powder company!!! Now once you have one, you can then ask how others like that load, or powder, or wad, primer, or whatever to get other opinions on a product or load. Best of Luck and break em all. Jeff

PS I was told some time ago that you could substitute Win. primers for the Nobel Sports. I do not know if it holds true at this time. If you kept your loads pressures on the low side I'm reasonably sure it would be OK. But do not trust me!!! Get it from Hodgdon. break em all. Jeff
the load that I suggested was not hearsay, it was right out of the IMR reloaders guide.

jack mc

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jack mc i use the same load with good results,but i am running out of windjammers.i think i will put the lid back on the ver. can and wait for green dot to get back on the shelf.

·
Registered
11,132 Posts
the load that I suggested was not hearsay, it was right out of the IMR reloaders guide.
Jack--- Your load might be fine!!! I did a little research on the DR Versalite wads and 16.4 grains of powder looks like it would be OK. But I STILL GET DATA FROM THE POWDER MANUFACTURER "Period" End quote!!! Now if you were to tell me the book or reloading Issue # and year, page # and coped the entire page so I could see for myself the load,components,primers, Bla Bla Bla and pressures!!! Then I'd buy it. All I'm saying is if I can't see it, I don't believe it. From what I googled the Versalite is a 4 pedal wad, so why are people talking about windjammers as a replacement!!! These are always a 8 fingered wad. Did the old style Versalite wads come with 8 pedals??? Did Duster make these, before Downrange buy them out???Because todays Versalites wad have 4 fingers. I'm just curious and would like to know a bit more about a wad I've never used. Break em all. Jeff

·
Registered
22,851 Posts
Jack--- Your load might be fine!!! I did a little research on the DR Versalite wads and 16.4 grains of powder looks like it would be OK. But I STILL GET DATA FROM THE POWDER MANUFACTURER "Period" End quote!!! Now if you were to tell me the book or reloading Issue # and year, page # and coped the entire page so I could see for myself the load,components,primers, Bla Bla Bla and pressures!!! Then I'd buy it. All I'm saying is if I can't see it, I don't believe it. From what I googled the Versalite is a 4 pedal wad, so why are people talking about windjammers as a replacement!!! These are always a 8 fingered wad. Did the old style Versalite wads come with 8 pedals??? Did Duster make these, before Downrange buy them out???Because todays Versalites wad have 4 fingers. I'm just curious and would like to know a bit more about a wad I've never used. Break em all. Jeff

His load wasn't DR Versalite. It was WINDJAMMER go back and READ what he wrote. Comprendez vous???

·
Registered
11,132 Posts
Flash, Now you know why I suggested that tracyhunter only go by "Published Data Only". That mean's "No Substitutions of any kind". Period!!! I thought that maybe??? The Versalite might have been a windjammer wad in its original form, before it was re-introduced as it were. But I can see now that you just like to stir the pot!!! That's OK too, Now "I KNOW". break em all. Jeff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts