Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Phil: Before cutting up 200 rounds I would take a box to the range and shoot practice. If they seem to work, then if it were me I'd use them for shooting some practice trap, skeet, 5 stand whatever. Even if they bust the targets ok, you still will have doubts in your mind and it will affect your shooting in league, registered, whatever. It's hard enough concentrating, without having to worry about the shells you are shooting. Ed

·
Registered
142 Posts
What hulls are you using? If they are the new AA's you need a tappered bottom on the wad to get past the lip on the new AA 2 piece hull. Like esoxhunter says shoot a few a see what they do (use them for practice).

Hawk,

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I use the Claybuster 1100 wad for AA's and STS's.

I even loaded some in Top Gun hulls and they worked OK.

Don

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I would not just start shooting them.

Almost seems like you may be using the green Rem TGT12 wad instead of the white Rem Fig 8 wad. Cut the worst looking 3; weigh the powder and shot. If the shot and/or powder are not within what the various 1 oz and 1 1/8 oz load recipes, then salvaging the components is the prudent thing to do.

If indeed you have used the TGT12 wad instead of the Fig 8 then as long as your recipe is below 10,500 psi, I would go ahead and shoot them for practice.

Jason

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
chatbrat lets think about this for a moment. The TGT 12 has a shorter cup and a longer wad section than the fig 8 because the fig8 must hold more shot. The wad ram seats the wad by pushing against the bottom of the cup until it reaches a certain depth. That depth when set correctly for a 1oz charge would not be deep enough for a 1 1/8 oz charge. You should expect to need to set your wad ram slightly deeper to get the correct crimp. Is there a reason to suspect the last 200 1oz loads or is that just where you started reloading again. If it is just where you started again I would not cut them up.
--- Chip King ---

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.