Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'07 Kolar Max TA 3bbl set, Jeff Mainland fitted
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been reloading them? Please share your experience(s)

best....mike

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Not the best, not the worst. Likes a full component stack or crimps will be poor. Ive shot em with 7/8 oz, Helarco VP05 wads and ExtraLite powder - makes a very good practice (or singles IMO) load. B&P, like Kemen, has a higher base and seems to not hang up as bad as other steel base hulls.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I've loaded a few for trial, 17gr Red Dot, Fed SO wad, Fio 616 primer,
1 1/8oz.shot with original 6 point crimp. Very mild load, works great at 16 yd. Very deep case requires long wad to get good crimp.

Big Jack

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I loaded some and found they crimped very nicely!

Steve

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Use the competition one in 7/8 12 ga for a light factory load for new shooters. Very good option for non reloaders.
Reload with B&P wad from balistic products same as the factory shell using clays with data from tech at Hogden. Chrony checked for speed close to factory 1180 to 1200fps. Worked well for 4 to 5 reloads till hull mouth started splitting.
Using E3 now due to lack of Clays.
Prefer the gun club or STS on my MEC but these work and break targets.
Crimp was easy to adjust for with the OEM wad. Fed clone was a bit dished when tried.
Most 7/8 loads seem to be on the low pressure side and are not always the cleanest esp in the autos.
But these cycle an 1100 for a double fine.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you can buy B&P wads, buy the 24gram wad and load 15/16 oz, it crimps great and is a killer load, I use 18.3 grains of Vectan 28 and Fiocchi primers

Argus

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
crazyquick, I couldn't tell the difference. I personally think the Gordon system doesn't work at all. When reloading, you have to check to see the Gordon system is still intact. If it is broken the basewad will sit lower in the hull and. The components will not fit properly and you'll get a dished crimp.

If you are dieing to use B&P wads (mostly superb) use Fiocchi hulls. The Rex fits the 7mm basewad perfectly, the Spark should be used for 1oz loads and the superb Z2 series for 1oz thru 1 1/8oz.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts