Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two types of Remington hulls one is a nitro gold sporting clay and the other is a Remington max it's a black hull can't seem to find load data wanted to know if you guys know if I can reload these I'm brand new to reloading and all help would be appreciated

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Remington Game Loads are black and say Max on them, referring to the dram equiv.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I'd cut both hulls lengthwise to the brass or completely if you have the right tools and compare them. I don't think Remington makes two types of 410 hulls. Unless the max hulls are really really old.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
If you decide to reload 410 in any volume, you are better off using Winchester AA hulls, as they last much longer than Remingtons. Wait until the AA rebate starts in a couple weeks, and buy a flat.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
The black hulls load as good or better than the STS in terms of longevity. Just shot a couple boxes of them today as a matter of fact, they probably had 4-5 reloads on them, and I probably could have gotten one or two more easy, but I'm trying to clean out my old mismatched stuff so I can start fresh.

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
The black hulls discolor quickly. Other than that, load until you get splits in case. Remmie hulls load the same within gauge/length.

We tend to over extend service life in the baby bores. Load them until they are obviously done, go no further. Hulls are available online or at your club.

I prefer the Remmie hull for my 410 loading.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am a Winchester hull guy myself but as previously mentioned all Remington's reload with STS data hodgdon's website or alliant's depending on your powder have a tone of loads for each. With the Winchester rebate it really is a great time to stock up on new hulls.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have a few thousand sts and golds in both 410 and 28 once fired. They are different sizes then win aahs and don't last as long as the wins. Blacks load as sts just heavier plastic for the loads they are for. Picked one as I don't want to reset loader each time I switch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts