Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many times can you safly reload 20ga hulls. I have been reloading the remington and winchester hulls 3 times and the federal and estates 2 times.

the 20 's always seem to be beat up after this many reloads...even factory shells look a little rough after being shot. Is this my imagination.

could the extra presuure that 20 gauge shells wear out the hulls faster, I don't load my hulls hot...16.5 graind of unique.

I do have a lot of the gun clubs, so I'm never lost for hulls. I know 12 gauge gun clubs I can reload many times before tossing out.

any help would be fine.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I reload AAs and Sts. They both hold up really well. I can use them until they
get a split in them. If they split or crack above the crimp I use them one more time. If they split or crack below the crimp , I toss them. John

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
STS's, Gun Clubs, Game Land and Expresses, they all load the same and last as long as one another. Not a big fan of the newer "AA's".

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Forget how pretty they are. As long as the casing is in OK condition and the crimp section is strong they are fine to reload. The slower burning powders used in 20 ga can leave the hulls looking dirty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.