Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi: Anyone loading 16 gauge out there? I inherited a 16 gauge Remington 870 that I would like to reload for so any recipes and locations for components would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
For target loads I just use the Hodgen on line manual. 1 oz Claybuster WAA16 wad Remington Hull win 209 primer and 18.5 grains of Universal clays.

I have loaded some steel shot duck loads. Ballistic Products Inc is a good source of components and loads for that.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Fiocchi hull, Fiocchi primer, 17 grains American Select, DR 16 wad, 7/8 oz shot. 8,233 PSI, 1,260 FPS. This is a tested load.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Win hull, wad, and primer, 19.2 unique or same combo with 19.7 herco. Probably can use clay buster wad as cannot get win. 16 wads anymore.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you are serious about reloading 16 gauge then I would look into Ballistic Products 16 gauge reloading manual. Unfortunately they have a lot of good loads with 7625 which is no longer available but you can find something in there that will work for you and all loads have been tested. Good luck. Dave Penkala.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts