Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend gave me a case of his reloads when he had To quit shooting. GunClub hulls. Are there any potential size issues If I reload these with my Fiocchi or win 209 primers.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
This table has been uploaded here any number of times. According to this you should be fine with the Fiocchi, no so much with the Win.

upload_2020-7-12_6-59-10.png

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
A friend gave me a case of his reloads when he had To quit shooting. GunClub hulls. Are there any potential size issues If I reload these with my Fiocchi or win 209 primers.
Stay with Win Primers and you'll be fine.
If you switch to euro size, you'll need to keep using them or your American sized primers will fall out.
MG

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
This table has been uploaded here any number of times. According to this you should be fine with the Fiocchi, no so much with the Win.

View attachment 1698833
Your reading the table incorrectly.
All American primers are close enough that you will have no problems interchanging based on size.
All the euro primers are larger!
The above statement only pertains to size.
Different primers are hotter than others.
Only load primers per the data.
MG

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your reading the table incorrectly.
All American primers are close enough that you will have no problems interchanging based on size.
All the euro primers are larger!
The above statement only pertains to size.
Different primers are hotter than others.
Only load primers per the data.
MG
But if you have used a larger prime like the Fiocchi thin I think tje Win prime will fall out or be loose in that same hull. Correct??

Reactions: mg1polo

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Exactly.
Once you go euro there is no turning back.
Remember when Redd Foxx said that after a 100 women switched to Camel,s 98 of them never switched back to men!!

Lmao!!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I reached out to Creative Reloading Solutions and specifically asked. Can someone go back to Win, Fed or Rem primers using after using Cheddite's with the Ultimate Prime Punch? Here is the reply.

"The answer to that is yes but only if the hull has a soft primer pocket such as Winchester AA, Remington Gun Clubs, Nitro, STS etc. If the hulls you are trying to re-condition have a solid hard plastic primer pocket then the answer is No. Those hulls are generally European or Mexican such as Rio. If you look down inside the hulls you can easily see the difference. Hope that answers your question. Best regards and thanks for your interest in my products. Rudy. CRS."

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
I reached out to Creative Reloading Solutions and specifically asked. Can someone go back to Win, Fed or Rem primers using after using Cheddite's with the Ultimate Prime Punch? Here is the reply.

"The answer to that is yes but only if the hull has a soft primer pocket such as Winchester AA, Remington Gun Clubs, Nitro, STS etc. If the hulls you are trying to re-condition have a solid hard plastic primer pocket then the answer is No. Those hulls are generally European or Mexican such as Rio. If you look down inside the hulls you can easily see the difference. Hope that answers your question. Best regards and thanks for your interest in my products. Rudy. CRS."
If Rio was Mexican, maybe what Rudy has told you might hold water. Since Rio's are
from Spain, nothing he has to say really matters.
MG

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use the Fiocchi primers in my MEC 9000E and my Spolar Gold loader... I personally do not see a problem with Win 209 or Fiocchi 209 primers. Never had any problems with primers not going off in a AA hull I just buy the Fiocchi primers because they are a few dollars cheaper

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
He mixed up one country for another. No one is infallible.
He's Full of crap!
Read this and you'll be fine.

I use the Fiocchi primers in my MEC 9000E and my Spolar Gold loader... I personally do not see a problem with Win 209 or Fiocchi 209 primers. Never had any problems with primers not going off in a AA hull I just buy the Fiocchi primers because they are a few dollars cheaper
Correct, once you use any Euro primer, any American sized primer will not work.
MG
Of course you are more than welcome to attempt anything you want, they’re your reloads.

MG

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
Jimmy,
Read the post, no one said that you can't put a Euro primer in an American hull or that it would not fire. It's the size that becomes an issue. American primers are a few thousands narrower. When you put an American Primer in a Euro hull or into an American hull that has already been used with a Euro primer, attempting to use an American primer will have loose issues.
MG

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Jimmy
Please understand that when ever a hole has been wallowed out and stretched by something bigger it won't ever be the same again! It will be a looser fit!

Hehe!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts