Trapshooters Forum banner

Release triggers

4896 Views 57 Replies 37 Participants Last post by  Horace Best
What is the advantage to using a reverse trigger? So if you are standing at the line and you have to hold off because of some reason, trap failure or whatever what is your recourse at that point? thanks
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Registered
489 Posts
It’s called a “release trigger.” If you have set it & then need to hold fire, you simply open your action while continuing to hold the trigger back. Once you have your action open, you can point the gun in a safe direction & safely release the trigger.

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
They make it easier to knock the old paint off the back of the trap house when it's time to repaint them.
When repainting ALL our facilities getting ready to host the ATA SW Zone shoot there were more shot pocks on the skeet houses than there were on trap houses. By a huge margin. We had to replace roofing because the damn skeeters shot up the flashing. The half-doors limiting portal size were shot up. And the downfield sides of the houses were a mess.

So don’t go there with your trap house crap.

· Registered
15,248 Posts
When repainting ALL our facilities getting ready to host the ATA SW Zone shoot there were more shot pocks on the skeet houses than there were on trap houses. By a huge margin. We had to replace roofing because the damn skeeters shot up the flashing. The half-doors limiting portal size were shot up. And the downfield sides of the houses were a mess.

So don’t go there with your trap house crap.

Not to mention you missed my joke COMPLETELY.

· Premium Member
2,342 Posts
I don’t see getting all excited about who shoots what. At my club, both the skeet houses and trap pits have been shot. Some of it was due to release triggers, and some due to overly excited shooters. Doesn’t matter who did what or when. Damage is done either way.

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
I don’t see getting all excited about who shoots what. At my club, both the skeet houses and trap pits have been shot. Some of it was due to release triggers, and some due to overly excited shooters. Doesn’t matter who did what or when. Damage is done either way.
Precisely.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.