Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sure this has been discussed many times, but does a release trigger help with flinching? I have never tried a release trigger but I’m really tired of flinching. Any and all advice is welcome.

·
Registered
21,501 Posts
Scroll down.

Reactions: Gussers

·
Vendor
1,496 Posts
Please check out releasetriggers.com.

Check out the area a word about release triggers.

If you have any questions please call , PM, or text me.

Thank you Doug 573-286-9905

·
Registered
21,501 Posts
Reactions: beaker100

·
Registered
123 Posts
I took twenty + years off trap shooting shot rifle thought I had been pulling a trigger long enough but still needed a release when I started shooting trap again.

·
Registered
21,501 Posts
Hi Flash, Sorry I am so poor with the computer. I need to learn how to use a computer !

Guess I need to get a kid to help me.

I will look into learning how to do that.

Thank you Doug.
Just type www. in front of releasetriggers. Separate with a period.

www (.) releasetriggers (.) com

www.releasetriggers.com.

Reactions: beaker100

·
Registered
110 Posts
People go to a release because they flinch. When you pull ( slap a shotgun trigger) your hand tenses up. When you shoot a release you just relax and it goes bang.
That being said I wish I could still shoot a pull.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Search the site - there are many threads a bout release triggers. For me - it stopped some flinching and helped me slow down a little and smooth out a little

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Yep,

And when you decide to get one, practice with it on a Terry Jordan Wall Chart.

This will help you get acquainted with the trigger, and you can pretend you had a broken target come from the house, and unload your gun safely with a live (simulated) shell in the gun.

After I spent a week of evenings using the chart with my new release, I went to the club and shot a 23-24-25 and had all the confidence in the world.

I owe my continued shooting to Terry Jordan, and the inventor of the release Charlie (Sparrow) Young .

I was shooting with Terry some 20 yeas ago, and flinching badly. He told me about his chart, BUT he felt I was too far gone for the chart to help me work out of the flinching I had.

I bought a chart anyway, and got a release.

The rest is history.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes, I started shooting trap late in life at 68, the first year was a real struggle because of flinching , I tried all the techniques that fellow shooters suggested to eliminate the flinch to no avail. I was very reluctant to go to a release trigger but I decided I needed try one and it is was a amazing turn around for me. Not only did it completely eliminate my flinch I am shooting great scores and really enjoying shooting trap.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts